General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

GALFER FYI

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Back Marker

NAVY8TR is on a distinguished road
GALFER FYI

I bought a full set of steel braided lines, 2 front and 1 rear brake lines, and a clutch. The brakes fit on perfectly but the clutch line was almost 10 inches too short. I ordered this stuff online and they have that "select make, model and year" So I would have thought that this company would have the correct dimensions for the bike. but as I said, the clutch line they gave me was about 31 inches, and when I went to put it on, with the line still in my hand I could tell it was too short. What I did was called galfer and explained the issue, they had me take pictures of both lines next to each other and take measurements and send the info plus the steel braided line back to them. Although it was straight forward and they were easy to deal with, I would recommend getting your SS lines elsewhere. Just extra time without the bike not to mention the extra $8 I had o spend on shipping and the pictures and measurements blah blah blah...
Old 03-14-2009, 11:49 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NAVY8TR
I bought a full set of steel braided lines, 2 front and 1 rear brake lines, and a clutch. The brakes fit on perfectly but the clutch line was almost 10 inches too short. I ordered this stuff online and they have that "select make, model and year" So I would have thought that this company would have the correct dimensions for the bike. but as I said, the clutch line they gave me was about 31 inches, and when I went to put it on, with the line still in my hand I could tell it was too short. What I did was called galfer and explained the issue, they had me take pictures of both lines next to each other and take measurements and send the info plus the steel braided line back to them. Although it was straight forward and they were easy to deal with, I would recommend getting your SS lines elsewhere. Just extra time without the bike not to mention the extra $8 I had o spend on shipping and the pictures and measurements blah blah blah...
did you measure your oem line? If there was no way to make it fit by re-routing, i would not have sent anything to them.They should have sent you the appropriate line with a paid return package to place the wrong line in and send.

if they would not have agreed to that I would have called your credit card company and told them that you were cheated and they often charge back the company and credit your card balance.

many times, if they think you'll pay for their mistake, they'll let you. But if you raise hell and stick up for your rights, they'll ussually relent.

thanks Nathan
Old 04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Back Marker

g_clarke_2008 is on a distinguished road
I just installed a galfer clutch line today and it fit perfectly