General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

FYI another tire sale!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
FYI another tire sale!

Just to let you guys know CycleGear will be blowing out Dunlop 208's, (180 & 120 only), for 149.99 for the set!! Just thought I'd let you all know.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:58 PM
MotoGP

Sorry forgot to tell you it will be on the 4th of july only.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Superstock

Brian A is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks!

Anybody have real world experience regarding how these compare to the Qualifiers and/or Pilot Powers (not race compound or 2CT)?

I currently have the Qualifiers on the SH. Pilot Powers before. Love 'em both.

I bought a set of the Perelli Diablos last month. With money being tight, I'd buy a set of the 208s if I knew for SURE that either them or the Diablos would near match the grip of the Qualifiers or Pilot Powers.
I'd hate to buy them and expect great grip then find out the hard way the grip just wasn't there.

I do have the CBR 1000F that would get one set (Diablos or 208s) if I knew the other would be primo for the SH.

Make any sense?

Input and opinions are solicited and appreciated!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:10 PM
MotoGP

These are what the qualifiers replaced, probably better grip than the Diablo not as much as the Q's. The profile is a little more triangular than the Q's as well but they where the supersport tire before the Q's came out. Lots of people loved them, (I'm not really one of them, didn't care for the profile), good aggressive street/trackday tire.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:11 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I did my share on 208's and TXSC always said it's about the heat cycles not the tire. I kinda been there Dunlop. Nuff said. I'm putting the Superhawk on PP this season and the near pristine 208's are going to the back of the shack in case I need a spare. Interesting note: When I had Jerry mount up the new PP for the front during my build this spring, I still had the 208 on the rear. In the corners they were both rock solid but on the straights the rear was all wiggly behind the new front.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:15 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nuhawk
I did my share on 208's and TXSC always said it's about the heat cycles not the tire. I kinda been there Dunlop. Nuff said. I'm putting the Superhawk on PP this season and the near pristine 208's are going to the back of the shack in case I need a spare. Interesting note: When I had Jerry mount up the new PP for the front during my build this spring, I still had the 208 on the rear. In the corners they were both rock solid but on the straights the rear was all wiggly behind the new front.
Sometimes the different tread patterns and profiles just don't agree with eachother.

PP's are a great tire but for someone on a budget you can't go wrong.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Superstock

Brian A is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by superhawk22
These are what the qualifiers replaced, probably better grip than the Diablo not as much as the Q's. The profile is a little more triangular than the Q's as well but they where the supersport tire before the Q's came out. Lots of people loved them, (I'm not really one of them, didn't care for the profile), good aggressive street/trackday tire.
Thanks.

Question:

Would YOU do a track day on the 208ZRs?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:26 PM
MotoGP

Depends on your level I guess, a year ago yes I would've but like I said I'm not a huge fan of them, just personal taste.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
My preference are the Pirelli Diablo's I've had great success with them and they stick great in wet and dry. However they are not big fans of oil. I used to use Dunlops but didn't like the way they wore out but I would never pass up a deal on tires.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Squid

SuperLoud
I run the 208's and I think they are a great tire - if you can buy these for a $100 bucks less than the Q's jump all over it. I ride aggressively and use the sides up before the middle and have never had a problem with grip.