General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Even longer days

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:07 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Even longer days

Wow, right on cue. Weather broke the same day the dreaded daylight savings clock change happened! Since then temps it the 40s, 50s & today maybe 60F (4.4, 10 & 15.5 C).

Now everyone can ride. But be aware that the melting snow will reveal a ton of tire-flattening objects as it melts. A real hazard.

I may have lost my free back deck refridgerator but man is it nice to not freeze again. Thank you God for glorious springtime!
Old 03-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I was going to take mine out yesterday, but the roads in S.E. Wisconsin are still littered with sand everywhere. We also didn't get any rain to wash all this salt off the roads yet. I don't like having to wash my bike after every ride. Man, I got the itch to get out there though. Here's hoping the street sweepers get out there soon!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
I was going to take mine out yesterday, but the roads in S.E. Wisconsin are still littered with sand everywhere. We also didn't get any rain to wash all this salt off the roads yet. I don't like having to wash my bike after every ride. Man, I got the itch to get out there though. Here's hoping the street sweepers get out there soon!
It's been very nice the past 2 days. Lots of sun and warm temps, but, this will all come to a halt tonight with a balmy -11, and remains cold for the next week or so.
Even if the roads were clear, I still wouldn't be able to ride since our winter tire laws prevent us from riding before the 16th. Such a silly law, especially when no winter tires exist for motorcycles. Not that I would ride any more if they were available, but, if there was an alternative, it would be nice.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:54 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jack Flash
Even if the roads were clear, I still wouldn't be able to ride since our winter tire laws prevent us from riding before the 16th. Such a silly law.
Clearly a need for you to lobby Parliament for a change. All it takes is a large suite case full of $100 dollar bills.
no winter tires exist for motorcycles... if there was an alternative
I thought that's what sheet metal screws are for.