Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Longer but snowy days

Old 01-27-2015, 08:58 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Longer but snowy days

How ironic is it that I just flew back from Buffalo with my wife and baby to get wacked by a nor'easter here in NYC!.

It really coulda been worse. Last year had 20 worse storms in spite of the hype this storm has enjoyed.

Sadly it will keep me from riding today, but it is supposed to be sunny tomorrow so maybe I can ride then.

Thank God for all this extra daylight though.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Always knew you were a fair weather biker, Joe.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:53 AM
SuperSport

thetophatflash
My sympathies. It was 61 and sunny here, yesterday. God bless El Nino.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:35 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I was jealous of the nutjob outlaw bikers ripping around the snowy streets on dirtbikes and quads. I am tempted to get a streetable dirtbike.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:41 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
On the positive side, I went snowmobiling Sunday..... what an amazing day!!!!!! Perfectly sunny and clear sky (the kind we no longer get in the summer due to smog), not a cloud in sight..... temperature was a nice and slightly crispy -15 C.... air was fresh and invigorating...... trees were full of snow, the sun sparkling everywhere.... picture-perfect day in what indisputably Nature's loveliest, most picturesque season.....trails were perfect, well groomed and windy, just like I like them... made me feel glad to be alive........ yessir, LOVE winter..........

P.S. sorry to rain on your hating winter parade.... lol

Last edited by mikstr; 01-27-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:36 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
On the positive side, I went snowmobiling Sunday..... what an amazing day!!!!!! Perfectly sunny and clear sky (the kind we no longer get in the summer due to smog), not a cloud in sight..... temperature was a nice and slightly crispy -15 C.... air was fresh and invigorating...... trees were full of snow, the sun sparkling everywhere.... picture-perfect day in what indisputably Nature's loveliest, most picturesque season.....trails were perfect, well groomed and windy, just like I like them... made me feel glad to be alive........ yessir, LOVE winter..........

P.S. sorry to rain on your hating winter parade.... lol
Damn when you put it like that it makes me want to leave Florida and come enjoy some of that Sounds amazing.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:29 AM
Back Marker

Pidge is on a distinguished road
Good old nor'easter.

Yesterday a fun day. Put on the full snowboarding suit, fire up the old 8HP Gilson 28" snowblower,(re-jetted carb with governor set for true 3600 RPM under load, decked cylinder head, and modified auger controls).

5 hours of blowing through 24" of snow and some waist high drifts. Fluffy snow but with the wind howling it was either throw the snow with the wind or eat it in your face.

When done with first outing and backing into garage I slip and the drive engage handle gets caught up against the luggage rack on the Superhawk. Thankfully I the was able to disengage handle enough to stop the drive wheels with the auger still engaged and wrestle the beast away without knocking over the bike. Yikes i need a bigger garage or less crap in it.

Made one more pass yesterday before bed but it was a mess again this morning. No time before work so more clean up tonight when I get home.

Yes winter is lovely but the older I get the less i like dealing with it.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:12 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos View Post
Damn when you put it like that it makes me want to leave Florida and come enjoy some of that Sounds amazing.
It was, and is. It all boils down to embracing it rather than fighting against it...... I met many snowmobilers on the trail, and all of them were wearing ear-to-ear grins... sure beats whining and complaining.....
Old 01-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
I don't think you're whining and complaining right.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Back Marker

Badboy01 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Pidge;382147]Yesterday a fun day. Put on the full snowboarding suit, fire up the old 8HP Gilson 28" snowblower,(re-jetted carb with governor set for true 3600 RPM under load, decked cylinder head, and modified auger controls).

5 hours of blowing through 24" of snow and some waist high drifts. Fluffy snow but with the wind howling it was either throw the snow with the wind or eat it in your face.

When done with first outing and backing into garage I slip and the drive engage handle gets caught up against the luggage rack on the Superhawk. Thankfully I the was able to disengage handle enough to stop the drive wheels with the auger still engaged and wrestle the beast away without knocking over the bike. Yikes i need a bigger garage or less crap in it.

Made one more pass yesterday before bed but it was a mess again this morning. No time before work so more clean up tonight when I get home.

Yes winter is lovely but the older I get the less i like dealing with it.

Pidge - ROFL, this takes me back to my days in Minneapolis and Chicago, which I don't miss. Happy to be here in Florida. I do miss riding the sleds though!