Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Even better exhaust deal on ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 01:47 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Even better exhaust deal on ebay...

Wow! $225 for new Kevlar pipes!!! Somebody jump on these. They have a pair in aluminum for the same price too. Nice... Ebay item number: 180054003753.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
I bought it.....thanks B
Old 11-25-2006, 05:30 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

HAHA! You're welcome. Man I wish I was looking for a pair. They look killer. I was going to buy them and just relist them. I bet I could have made $100 or more.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Shipping killed the "deal" especially when it was from canada anyway. I bought it assuming the lack of custom and close proximity to me wouldn't inflate the hidden charges..Should have asked how much before bidding. But it is still not bad considering...I guess I'll sell the D and Ds now to get some cash back
Old 11-26-2006, 08:00 AM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
p.m. sent for the d&d's
Old 11-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

see thread:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ead.php?t=3954

for pictures of condition and also Nuhawk's post for the look of pipes on bike
Old 11-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Superstock

Talking w.m.p kevlar pipes 225+s.h.

I called the number on the e-bay page.seems like what they did was buy all the surplus exhaust from that company any way they went out and checked for me and found another set of the kevlar pipes!! as far as I know they may have more they do have a set of alluminum cans they are all low mounts but for 225+s.h. you can't go wrong.he's checking to see what they have for s.h. if he calls back I'll post what he has the item number for the allum. cans is 160056233213 I'll have to wait till spring to report how they work out though
Old 11-27-2006, 03:56 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by calitoz
Shipping killed the "deal" especially when it was from canada anyway. I bought it assuming the lack of custom and close proximity to me wouldn't inflate the hidden charges..Should have asked how much before bidding. But it is still not bad considering...I guess I'll sell the D and Ds now to get some cash back

How much could they possibly have charged? I hate when people do that. I had some dumbass want to charge me like $50 shipping for one D&D can and midpipe because the auction ended for $5 From Miami to Ft Lauderdale!!!! It's like a 1/2 hr away!!! I've had to actually explain to people to disconnect the midpipes from the mufflers. Superhawk slip on exhausts should never cost more than $25 or $30 anywhere inside the U.S. I shipped a header to Australia from Florida for only $60 for cryin out loud! Just have to be creative with the box.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Superstock

he charged me 45$ for shipping,I thought it was fair since the exhaust were only 225$!! I only worry that the (kevlar) will eventually crack from heat like the cheap carbon fiber does
Old 11-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

I'd better have a talk with with him
Old 11-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Superstock

sorry to stir the pot man,untill I see the credit card statement he may have charged me 1000$ I also paid over the phone and did not involve flea-bay
Old 11-27-2006, 05:26 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

If someone is going to overcharge for shipping then they should list it in the listing beforehand-then you can't argue, you just don't bid. Otherwise it should be pretty close to actual if you're given the shipping price after the fact. That's the old $1 for a corvette and $35k for shipping. That's bullshit.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Squid

RedHotFireStorm is on a distinguished road
Calitoz,
Do you still have a set of slip-ons for sale ?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Originally Posted by RedHotFireStorm
Calitoz,
Do you still have a set of slip-ons for sale ?
I do..but; I don't know what these WMP will be like but I believe they still have aluminum ones for sale and at $225 new, I think it might be better for you to buy that instead..I don't think I would want to sell mine anything less than $175 plus shipping so it's hard to justify buying mine unless these WMPs are Junk...I know I am killing my own sale but truth to be told.

BTW shipping issue have been rectified
Old 11-28-2006, 03:47 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Hey Lou, that's good. I emailed him just to see and he said $45 shipping from Canada to Florida, which doesn't sound too unreasonable. Anyway hope the pipes are nice. I'll feel bad if they're crap since I'm the one who saw them...They sure looked nice anway.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Superstock

yeah I'll feel bad if there crap to but it will be all your fault!! ha ha ha serously though captain thanks for posting them I sure needed a set of pipes. calitoz,175$ for d&d's is a great price. if they did not have another set of those kevlar pipes I would of loved to buy yours. but you don't see new pipes for 225$ every day!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Squid

Calitoz,
Pardon the pun, but your D & D's sound good to me.
Price wise I don't have a problem. I visit Ottawa periodically, so transport isn't an issue if you don't mind me picking them up + I'd rather stick with all aluminum.
Two questions:
Are these the extra loud D & D's I've heard of ?
My bike is bone stock, so (you see this one coming) will I have to buy new jets ? (I know screw all about carb adjustments)
Old 11-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Calitoz,
Pardon the pun, but your D & D's sound good to me.
Price wise I don't have a problem. I visit Ottawa periodically, so transport isn't an issue if you don't mind me picking them up + I'd rather stick with all aluminum.
Two questions:
Are these the extra loud D & D's I've heard of ?
My bike is bone stock, so (you see this one coming) will I have to buy new jets ? (I know screw all about carb adjustments)
All D and Ds are LOUD...As for jetting, I am not an expert here on it although I've ridden without the jets. BTW, not that it make a huge difference but it is $175 US so it's 198.079 CAD....if you pick it up.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by calitoz
All D and Ds are LOUD...As for jetting, I am not an expert here on it although I've ridden without the jets. BTW, not that it make a huge difference but it is $175 US so it's 198.079 CAD....if you pick it up.
Thanks for the straight-up answers. The price is fair ( we are on a U.S. site)
I have NEVER heard loud pipes on a VTR before (better chance of spotting a pregnant Moose than a modified VTR in Montreal) so I can't tell just how loud we are talking about here. It's driving me nuts. For example: Dynomax mufflers on my Stang annoyed the **** out of me but with Flowmasters, I was in heaven.

I'll make a better informed decision once I hear loud pipes like these in person.
Same goes for the new pipes for sale out East.
Thanks again for the info and good luck with your project bike.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:52 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Thanks for the straight-up answers. The price is fair ( we are on a U.S. site)
I have NEVER heard loud pipes on a VTR before (better chance of spotting a pregnant Moose than a modified VTR in Montreal) so I can't tell just how loud we are talking about here. It's driving me nuts. For example: Dynomax mufflers on my Stang annoyed the **** out of me but with Flowmasters, I was in heaven.

I'll make a better informed decision once I hear loud pipes like these in person.
Same goes for the new pipes for sale out East.
Thanks again for the info and good luck with your project bike.
Off topic but are you actually saying the Flowmasters were quieter than the Dynomax or you just didn't like the sound as much? And yeah, the D&D's have more of that sharp Harley drag pipe sound than any other slip on's I've heard. Sound killer but again they do attract some attention.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Back Marker

vitter is an unknown quantity at this point
For example: Dynomax mufflers on my Stang annoyed the **** out of me but with Flowmasters, I was in heaven.
then Buy the D&Ds.
I have the RS3 Yosh's on mine, and I was thinking of switching to the D&Ds, cause riding with my buddies RC51 with Satos sucks.

They will be loud, but it is a good loud.
I would never recommend D&D for an inline 4, but they do sound awsome on a twin.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Squid

exhaust

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Off topic but are you actually saying the Flowmasters were quieter than the Dynomax or you just didn't like the sound as much? And yeah, the D&D's have more of that sharp Harley drag pipe sound than any other slip on's I've heard. Sound killer but again they do attract some attention.
My B303 cammed '89 5.0 with no cats sounds FANTASTIC with Three chamber series Flowmasters...a tuned muscle car sound-as if it were a big block. The Dynomax super turbos just made the car louder and growl like it wished it were a big block. The 2000 rpm highway drone was also less pronounced with the flows.

Thanks for the feedback on the D & D sound.
Does anyone know of a website that tested various pipes, including sound ? I would imagine sn RC51 or TL1000s / SV1000 test bike should yeild similar sounds as our VTR's ??? May sound cheezy over the internet speakers but it could give me some ideas !!!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Squid

Exhaust

Originally Posted by vitter
then Buy the D&Ds.
I have the RS3 Yosh's on mine, and I was thinking of switching to the D&Ds, cause riding with my buddies RC51 with Satos sucks.

They will be loud, but it is a good loud.
I would never recommend D&D for an inline 4, but they do sound awsome on a twin.
What, if any, jetting was required with your Yosh pipes ?
And what other mods do you have ?