General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Dang warning light

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
Dang warning light

I took my new SH (actually a 98, but very new to me) out for a very COLD winter ride. My first real ride on it to boot. When I got back I stopped by a gas station close to my house to fill up. I pushed the bike away from the pump and started it up to see if there were any noises going on that I couldn't hear while riding. I see the yellow warning light on the instrument pod turned on. Dang, what the hell could be wrong and what could 'S' possibly stand for. $hit is about to hit the fan? I am really Sucking right now so turn me off? I am not Safe? I probably did about a million searches on this forum using my iPhone and could find nothing. I didn't want to drive it home if something was wrong enough to have a warning light on so I killed the engine and started to push it home. The second I put the stand up the light went off. Soooooooo, now all is well in Newville .
Old 12-16-2009, 09:49 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
Lol, this ranks right above trying to start the bike with the kill switch off for ten minutes.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:34 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cornandp
Lol, this ranks right above trying to start the bike with the kill switch off for ten minutes.
I did that for about 5 minutes once. I was in the mountains and thought I'd flooded it, since I smelled gas. Doooooh!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Squid

Third Echelon is on a distinguished road
i did it once in downtown Pomona, right next to a bum digging cans out of the recycler. When I realized it was off, i flipped it on and started it, leading to the loudest backfire I've ever heard. It honestly sounded like a gunshot, and scared the hell out of the poor guy lol.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:22 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
Ummm yeah... My stupid *** did it at a gas station once. Tried to start the bike til the battery drained. State trooper jumped her for me, lol...
Old 12-17-2009, 03:59 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
Done that a few times. It shut off once during a twisty run on a straight and another time during tourist season in niagara falls on the parkway. The tight road with no shoulders. Took a minute but I figured it out and she backfired pretty good. Lol.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Back Marker

dickard37 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Third Echelon
i did it once in downtown Pomona, right next to a bum digging cans out of the recycler. When I realized it was off, i flipped it on and started it, leading to the loudest backfire I've ever heard. It honestly sounded like a gunshot, and scared the hell out of the poor guy lol.
Thats some funny sh^t right there
Old 12-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Deus vult!
Back Marker

Mr Toad is on a distinguished road
When I was a kid I pushed my RZ350 to the shop. It would start, but die when put into gear. Mechanic looks at me and says...Did you try switching to reserve?....
Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Squid

kstevenson is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by supermarto
Ummm yeah... My stupid *** did it at a gas station once. Tried to start the bike til the battery drained. State trooper jumped her for me, lol...

Did the same thing...had to use my Xterra to jump it! I was pissed when I finally figured it out lol
Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
got this mistake out of the way right off the bat. when I went up to wisconsin to test ride my future baby, I pulled back in to the lot and used the kill switch to turn it off, then forgot I had done it. tried to start it again and nuthin. so standing there infront of the current owner, I realize my mistake and flipped off the kill switch. tried to start it again and BOOM! biggest backfire you ever heard. had to laugh, but I'm standing there looking at the owner like "yeah, I know bikes." lol
Old 12-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Superstock

Billzilla15 is on a distinguished road
i installed my mototeck under tail and drilled through some wires in the back and spent like 5hrs trying to figure out why it wouldn't start.... ugh....story of my life
Old 12-17-2009, 12:40 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
I know, it's a very crowded room, but move over anyway. I finally had to buy the official Honda shop manual to look like I actually owned the bike I held title to.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:59 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
i find it weird that with the kill switch engaged the bike will still crank. they should have designed it so itll shut off the ignition or something and not let it turn over. would make more sense that way
Old 12-17-2009, 02:06 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by uchi
i find it weird that with the kill switch engaged the bike will still crank. they should have designed it so itll shut off the ignition or something and not let it turn over. would make more sense that way

Nah, I find it useful sometimes.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Back Marker

Hawknut
Originally Posted by Bytes
I took my new SH (actually a 98, but very new to me) out for a very COLD winter ride. My first real ride on it to boot. When I got back I stopped by a gas station close to my house to fill up. I pushed the bike away from the pump and started it up to see if there were any noises going on that I couldn't hear while riding. I see the yellow warning light on the instrument pod turned on. Dang, what the hell could be wrong and what could 'S' possibly stand for. $hit is about to hit the fan? I am really Sucking right now so turn me off? I am not Safe? I probably did about a million searches on this forum using my iPhone and could find nothing. I didn't want to drive it home if something was wrong enough to have a warning light on so I killed the engine and started to push it home. The second I put the stand up the light went off. Soooooooo, now all is well in Newville .
Your one lucky dude!! If it would have been that damn green light you would not have been able to move---WHOOO - thank God.