General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Dropped the 'hawk

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
Dropped the 'hawk

Yep...she went down for the first time yesterday afternoon. I was going to go drag race the bike, so I yanked the mirrors off and dropped the frontend 1.5 inches. Well that never ended up happening, so I rode around for a bit and went to the gym. Parked her on the sidewalk, which was sloped slightly to the right of how I was parked. Well, with the bike lowered, the kickstand was too long and you guessed it...I turned away and hear a loud BANG and look back and my bike is on its side.

The good news is, my T-rex slider saved my butt. The bar-end isn't so much as scratched, the fairing has one tiny little scuff, as well as the case, and the slider has a small bit missing now....no big deal and not even noticeable.

The bad news is, the right-side rearset was broken by the previous owner and re-welded. So it stuck out further than the slider so when it hit, it snapped clean in half at the weld.

I can still ride the bike, I just have no rear brake and have to prop my right foot waaay up on the slider. It's a little embarassing but hey, **** happens.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
that sucks...I have that fear of turning and hearing, and well, I guess you now have first hand knowledge of what it sounds like....
At least you were not on it, and it was a car smackin her instead of the concrete...
Old 08-23-2007, 06:36 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Ebay to the rescue. Item # 180151691654. I also saw the brake pedal separately from the same guy. Good luck.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Feebay??? oh yeah, it's how I make my living...well, almost!! LOL...
Old 08-24-2007, 06:11 AM
Back Marker

seaton001 is on a distinguished road
At least Honda didn't see fit to install the stupid self retracking side stand that Ducati has. Got to love when you put the side stand down and think that it is staying down only to go and lean it over and have it stop when it hits the ground!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Back Marker

Besucher98
Mine went over in the heat the other day. I was lucky too that the damage was not that much. I think what saved me was the superbike bars... not tank or front faring damage. Not so lucky with the rear though!

Damaged both the seat cowl and the rear cowl. Any ideas on were to get a rear cowl? I don't want the single seat deal like sharkskinz offers. I have to many peeps that want a ride from time too time.