General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

best Place To Buy A Belly Pan

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Back Marker

Northman69 is on a distinguished road
best Place To Buy A Belly Pan

Just got a red 2002 hawk and the only thing I hate about the bike is that it is so naked on the bottom... SO I have been looking at belly pans... Only one I could find was from sharkskins and they are not painted and one from powerbronze but they come black... are these easy to fit and is there any one else who makes them?
Old 01-27-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Let me google that for you
Old 01-27-2013, 04:22 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
I'll narrow it down a tad... lower - SuperHawk Forum - Threads Tagged with lower
Old 01-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
HAHA that's the funniest thing I've seen in awhile I'll definitely be using that in the future.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Back Marker

I did google it D-Bag... I wanted some feedback from some people that had already bought and fitted one... And i dont know how to navigate this forum since I am new... and its always easier to ask than to sort through 100 posts on stuff thats what a forum is for... and thanks to the guys that gave me a straight answer i appreciate it... I think im going to go with the sharkskinz lower it has a better full fairing look to it than the others and its in the USA... Ill just have it painted red to match my bike...
Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

A sense of humor goes a long way around here...Anyhow the sharkskinz is a nice piece. It only has one bracket on the lower right side, otherwise it uses the lower stock bolts on the side fairings. PLEASE get some heat shielding from Thermotec as well. I've used it before and it works like magic to keep the header from burning holes in your fairing. It may just peel and stick which may work with a brand new fairing but when I did it I just painted it in with some fiberglass resin so it would stay put.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Like this:

Cool It Thermo Tec Aluminized Heat Barrier Shield Adhesive Aluminum | eBay
Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Back Marker

thanks captian I appreciate the info... Ill order a roll tomorrow... And yeah the sharkskinz lower looks like it was made for the bike the other ones that are available just dont look right... and my uncle owns a repair shop so if I prep it im sure he will paint it for a good price... and should I just stick it on the fairing where the pipe is close or go like halfway up the side of it?

Last edited by Northman69; 01-27-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Northman69
I did google it D-Bag...
As you're new around these parts, I'll give you a little latitude on the name calling. The rules should, however, be fresh in your mind since you fully read and agreed to them when you registered on this forum. Captainchaos is correct, a thick skin and a sense of humor goes a long way here. And although it might be easier for you to blindly ask questions instead of using the search feature, it does tend to get on people's nerves after similar questions have been asked literally dozens, if not hundreds, of times. Specific questions about a specific brand? Great! Compare one brand to another? Great! A general what should I get should be minimized unless you've already done the research and the information just isn't there. </soapbox>
Old 01-28-2013, 04:16 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

You don't have to line the whole thing but definitely in the general area say 6-8 inches in each direction of the header. You'll see when the bike has been running right at the header if you feel the outside of the fairing it'll be warm to the touch and further away where there's no shielding it'll be hot. It's really great stuff.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Banned
MotoGP

I did google it D-Bag...
Though you did ask this:

is there any one else who makes them?
so you got an answer.......

Which leads to your sig line:

I Dont To Kindly To Takin Kindly

while it is not the best English, it now sounds like you are saying that while you can say what you want and play the name calling game but everyone else better talk nice to you......

Really, well have fun with that.

Last edited by 8541Hawk; 01-28-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Back Marker

well since I am new you dont know me... I am a 29 year old bike lover with good humor and being in the army and in iraq my skin is as thick as it comes... I just thought it was a rude comment on a new guys post... I do apologize for the comment I made... And my sig is just something one of my army buddies use say to be funny... its suppose to be spelled like a redneck saying it... I am also a member of a forum called GPN and there are a lot of new guys that ask the same old questions but we answer them any way... The point of the forum is to provide information... And I did do a search on the question I asked but thought i could kill a few birds with one stone by making one post... And to everyone else I appreciate the helpful information thanks

Last edited by Northman69; 01-28-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum,
Thank you for continuing the watch....

Last edited by 1971allchaos; 01-28-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by 1971allchaos
Welcome to the forum, We "Marnies(8541,allchaos, and others) have been on that "BEACH"..
Your welcome to use my beach chair...

8541hawk, I enjoy your HUMOR.....
I will always be on watch... Just got home a few months ago this time for good... oh and I have my own chair thanks LOL

Last edited by Northman69; 01-28-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Back Marker

riding my bikes is the closest thing I can get to what i really love to do "FLYING"
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 AM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by 1971allchaos
Welcome to the forum, We "Marnies(8541,allchaos, and others) have been on that "BEACH"
Well my "beach" was on a different continent but yeah been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

Semper Fi

best Place To Buy A Belly Pan-20-9.jpg
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Back Marker

jeephawk is on a distinguished road
just to note... the Sharkskin that I ordered came with the heat shield already placed on the inside of the fairing. Ive been running mine for about a year now and no problems. The fairing comes already primed. Just wet sanded it with fine grit paper and your good to go. That would save some bucks for the paint job.
Just make sure to locktite the fasteners as they can wiggle loose pretty easily. Plus there are only three mounting bolts. The main one to keep an eye on it the lower bracket bolt. You might want to do an oil change right before too if your due since it covers the filter and drain plug.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by jeephawk
just to note... the Sharkskin that I ordered came with the heat shield already placed on the inside of the fairing. Ive been running mine for about a year now and no problems. The fairing comes already primed. Just wet sanded it with fine grit paper and your good to go. That would save some bucks for the paint job.
Just make sure to locktite the fasteners as they can wiggle loose pretty easily. Plus there are only three mounting bolts. The main one to keep an eye on it the lower bracket bolt. You might want to do an oil change right before too if your due since it covers the filter and drain plug.
yeah I was planning on dong the oil change before I put it on... And also thinking of having my uncle cut a small round hole in the lower before he paints it so the oil window can be viewed... I appreciate the help... Oh and did you have any trouble with the shipping from sharkskinz? I herd they take forever to ship?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Superstock

archaicguy is on a distinguished road
Although the sharkskinz lower is nice I just never thought it worked the best with the lines of the bike, not that I wouldn't want one but I always thought the Pyramid Lower was the best looking and matched the lines the best and about the same price so I ordered one up yesterday. Just my thought after a couple years wanting a lower and looking at as many options as possible. Pyramid was #1 on my list and Sharkskinz #2.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by archaicguy
Although the sharkskinz lower is nice I just never thought it worked the best with the lines of the bike, not that I wouldn't want one but I always thought the Pyramid Lower was the best looking and matched the lines the best and about the same price so I ordered one up yesterday. Just my thought after a couple years wanting a lower and looking at as many options as possible. Pyramid was #1 on my list and Sharkskinz #2.
I will have to check out the pyramid... still have a lot to do to the bike such as new tires exhaust exc... The lower is the last thing on my list... It just seemed to me the sharkskinz was the closest to a full fairing that I could find... and at $250 and $100 for me to paint it not too bad
Old 02-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Back Marker

just looked at the pyramid pan... Its cool they come painted but dealing with a company thats not in the usa isnt my cup of tea... and i did see it in my search for pans but didnt like how the pipe stuck out from the side or the way it hangs down in the rear I could see it getting beat up
Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Honda VTR 1000F Accessories. Wild Hair Accessories. Motorcycle Accessories & Aftermarket European Parts.

In the US.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Didn't see your posts earlier, welcome back home, glad to see you in one piece and welcome to the forum!

Cheers
Old 02-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
I did google it D-Bag... I wanted some feedback from some people that had already bought and fitted one... And i dont know how to navigate this forum since I am new... and its always easier to ask than to sort through 100 posts on stuff thats what a forum is for... and thanks to the guys that gave me a straight answer i appreciate it... I think im going to go with the sharkskinz lower it has a better full fairing look to it than the others and its in the USA... Ill just have it painted red to match my bike...
In that case, perhaps a better way for you to communicate your not a newbie to lazy to research his own question before asking others to do the work for you might have been.

To tell us what belly pan you have seen that you like, and ask folks that " already bought and fitted one." to give you some "feedback "

here like this...

I like the Pyramid lower... anyone have one? how was it to install? fit?

Why yes i have one of those
Here is my install thread

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...nstalled-9133/
Mine was used and did not come with brackets..
Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by E.Marquez
In that case, perhaps a better way for you to communicate your not a newbie to lazy to research his own question before asking others to do the work for you might have been.

To tell us what belly pan you have seen that you like, and ask folks that " already bought and fitted one." to give you some "feedback "

here like this...

I like the Pyramid lower... anyone have one? how was it to install? fit?

Why yes i have one of those
Here is my install thread

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...nstalled-9133/
Mine was used and did not come with brackets..
hmm how about you ride you bike off a cliff and dont post on my thread if you dont want to discuss the topic a hand... If you could read you would see that I asked what is the best place to get a belly pan? Asking people who had already installed one or had bought from a good source... I was asking for some input how ignorant are you exactly?

Last edited by Northman69; 02-07-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
hmm how about you ride you bike off a cliff and dont post on my thread if you dont want to discuss the topic a hand... If you could read you would see that I asked what is the best place to get a belly pan? Asking people who had already installed one or had bought from a good source... I was asking for some input how ignorant are you exactly?
1st it's not your thread......It is the property of the Forum Owner, and by design, anyone who still has posting privileges can post to it.

2nd dial down the internet tough guy stuff... Posting a Fobette picture is not overly impressive, and just embarrasses my Army, stop. I see from your pictures on photobucket, your in the Ohio National Guard.. Good, thanks for serving... Medic are you? or Crew Chief? I did not see a CFMB.. so I assume crew chief? Still a E4?

What would your 1SG have to say about your public actions?, Your Commander? Your BN , BDE, or DIV CSM? Or your employer at Vance Outdoors?

3rd if you feel the need to threaten me or any other user, do so on some other forum...... or in person... but not here.

lastly..
You posted.
"Just got a red 2002 hawk and the only thing I hate about the bike is that it is so naked on the bottom... SO I have been looking at belly pans... Only one I could find was from sharkskins and they are not painted and one from powerbronze but they come black... are these easy to fit and is there any one else who makes them?"

Then got pissed and posted with an attitude when it was suggested you do some of the work your self, by searching for your own answers.
"I did google it D-Bag..."

Your attitude is directly responsible for the responses you received.

Folks here are happy to help, but those that help them selfs first are responded to better.

All that aside..........................

Welcome................

Use the search feature, and then ask your questions... you will get lots of responses.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 02-07-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
And since Eric didn't spell it out, (he's to nice to do so...) I'll do the honors... If you look under his name, it says "moderator"... What that means, is pretty simple... He could ban you, temporarily or permanently...

You have enough infractions towards the written rules that you have agreed to adhere too already to actually warrant it... But he, and a couple of others have let you slide based on you being a newbie, and this forum relying a lot on self moderation... Ie use the helmet holder first, then type... Now, I'm not a moderator, so I can't ban you... But if I where, you'd be on two strikes, the third one pending...

So, before you post a nice, considerate and well thought out reply to my post... Go back and read those rules... For your own sake, if not for the rest of us... At least you will know why you are banned, when (if?) it happens...

BTW, I prefer the bike as is, without a belly, but if I were to choose on that didn't look too goofy, I'd go with the Moriwaki one...
Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Back Marker

There is no rule about giving a rude response to a rude comment... Respect is received when it is given... You want to post rude crap on my thread and I will fire back live with it...
Old 02-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by E.Marquez
1st it's not your thread......It is the property of the Forum Owner, and by design, anyone who still has posting privileges can post to it.

2nd dial down the internet tough guy stuff... Posting a Fobette picture is not overly impressive, and just embarrasses my Army, stop. I see from your pictures on photobucket, your in the Ohio National Guard.. Good, thanks for serving... Medic are you? or Crew Chief? I did not see a CFMB.. so I assume crew chief? Still a E4?

What would your 1SG have to say about your public actions?, Your Commander? Your BN , BDE, or DIV CSM? Or your employer at Vance Outdoors?

3rd if you feel the need to threaten me or any other user, do so on some other forum...... or in person... but not here.

lastly..
You posted.
"Just got a red 2002 hawk and the only thing I hate about the bike is that it is so naked on the bottom... SO I have been looking at belly pans... Only one I could find was from sharkskins and they are not painted and one from powerbronze but they come black... are these easy to fit and is there any one else who makes them?"

Then got pissed and posted with an attitude when it was suggested you do some of the work your self, by searching for your own answers.
"I did google it D-Bag..."

Your attitude is directly responsible for the responses you received.

Folks here are happy to help, but those that help them selfs first are responded to better.

All that aside..........................

Welcome................

Use the search feature, and then ask your questions... you will get lots of responses.
Actually im a army medic not in the national girls club... And I asked a simple question and was met with hostile and very rude comments... A forum is for information... And being new to a forum you would expect people to have some consideration for the fact... If you dont like the question then dont answer... I dont go on anyones thread and post rude crap because I dont like their question... I can ask whatever I want there isnt a rule aginst that... If you dont like the question dont answer... And if you hit the search button you can find anything so what would be the point of asking anything? """Oh because if no one ever asked there would be nothing to search""" I wanted some fresh input and most of the members on here were very helpful with the exception of a few

Quick Reply: best Place To Buy A Belly Pan