General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

best mod ever to the superhawk - good tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 05:31 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
best mod ever to the superhawk - good tires

put pilot powers on and went for an agressive ride today and wow... Held great but also I feel a lot of it was mental where I know they're gonna hold where the old ones it was like "are these gonna hold?" Anyways got farther over then I have in the past and had lots of fun until a guy who we were with went down on his motard and hit a guard rail...

Had to call an ambulance (we actually had to get to the top of the mountain to find a signal with our phones...) and they took him to Martinsville from Tuggle's Gap right near the Blue Ridge Parkway in VA... I'm still upset they took him there rather then the one in Montgomery County since we're all from Montgomery county and well for his family and gf to get to him they'll have to drive about an hour and a half... Plus they told me they were gonna take him there initially when they were first checking him over...
Old 04-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Squid

HamsVTR
Man, I hope he's alright. Was he conscious? Why's he riding a motord on a parkway in the first place? Either way, I hope he pulls through okay.

And yes, the PP's are great tires.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:38 PM
SuperBike

the motard is quick and tops out at like 110 so I don't know why he wouldn't be riding it on the street. It's probably more of a tame bike then what everyone else in the group was riding... Motards are the fastest way through the turns too and I know quite a few people who have them. dunno what happened though... btw he was rocking pilot powers as well... (btw it wasn't a parkway, it was rt 8 past the blue ridge pkwy going south - down the mountain headed to 40 to go on home...)

yeah he was conscious. helmet did it's job, though he didn't really hit his head. he was in a lot of pain which made it tough to deal with. It was tough to try and get him to remain still until the ambulance got there... Which I might add got there fast and I was really impressed with that since we were out in the middle of nowhere in terms of there being any towns or cities nearby... I'll get an update on his condition this week.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:54 PM
SuperBike

another thing though that comes out with riding with all these super sport inline 4's is that the superchicken doesn't have nearly the top end as they do... cams and high comp pistons here I come!!! heh
Old 04-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Squid

HamsVTR
I guess I'm surprised because I don't see them much around here. Anyways, give us an update on his condition if you hear any new word.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:26 PM
SuperBike

I'll get an update for sure Tues if not tomorrow if I see his gf... I'm thinking that she might stay there cause I have a feeling he's definetely gonna be there overnight if not for longer...
Old 04-18-2006, 07:29 AM
SuperBike

Update on my buddy who wrecked....

basically not good. ran into (not literally...) his gf this morning and found out the details...

broken pelvis, broken femur, couple broken ribs, punctured stomach, and not sure what else... They had to medivac him out of there instead of using the ambulance and took him to Roanoke Hospital. Supposedly the breathing tube is supposed to come out today but he still hasn't woken up... I'm personally surprised that because of the damage that he didn't pass out from the pain....

Now kind've messed up though is that since his family didn't know they were going out they pulled her aside and were like we really don't want you here... so until he wakes up she doesn't know wtf is going on cause he can't ask for her to be there....
Old 04-18-2006, 11:38 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
My wife is a trauma nurse and she said that sometimes they will keep people in a drug induced coma so they will heal faster. I don't know if that's what's going on but it does happen. It's good that they're taking him off the tube though that means he's strong enough to breathe on his own. That's a lot of broken bones he's going to be in pain for a long time, hope he fully recovers. Best of luck I never like to hear about a seriously hurt brother.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: best mod ever to the superhawk - good tires

sorry to hear about your friend hope he pulls through ok.in my accidents it helps to have friends and family there during recovery
Old 04-18-2006, 01:48 PM
SuperBike

yeah my best guess is they put him out for awhile to work on him when he first got there since he was so bad off... not sure when he'll wake back up though or what's going on... once he does wake up I'm sure he'll ask for his gf to be allowed back and find out the extent of the damage... rehab is gonna be rough