Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Volkswagen. tuning.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:20 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Volkswagen. tuning.

Back story:
Truth be told the most action the bile has gotten is a quick romp to the school and back. No liscence sucks. Less than a mile to work....
So. I am stuck in the Audi and the wife got a free mark 4 golf. Sweet! Right? Its pristine. Well no..
No *****. In fact I bet the vtr has the same nut in one of its cylinders... 1.6 sr gasamoline.maybe it has good brake horse but torque is a joke. Other big point is I hate Audi world and vw vortex. Forums great its the users that are tools who know it all. I'm in Japan so a swap is illegal but still tempting also they charge by the cc. My 3.2 cost 500 a year in tax... Not including shaken. Shaken is inspection.

What:
So any vw owners know about the 1.6sr?
Can it be punched stroked and loved into a 2.0?
Should I say screw torque and put a sweet turbo meant for a bicycle on her?
A great outstanding number for me would be 175hp which is very real.
I already plan on building an intake for it and porting. But headers or turbo manifold. That is the question. I'd love to love her into a bigger grown engine but ye ol block must remain on car.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:28 PM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
I think that you should hold out for a 3.2 VR6 turbo.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:14 PM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
been there done that...

No thanks.
I dunno if I posted it. Been working constant and just maintained my Audi 3.2 v6. But the tax is every year here and it cost me 500usd for the Audi because of engine size. I just want max performance out of the 1.6 tax is real low. Its actually why I don't have my a8 or esprit 350 tax...
So Mr Xeris if you got some more know how than me on this 1.6sr I need any advice you got.

AThe last tune I did for me: 2.8 12 valve audi.
Port n polish. Intake modification to the manifold. Custom tunnel ram. Ported exhaust manifolds. Injectors balanced. Full exhaust. That car ran pretty good. No actual numbers but I dropped from 14.5 seconds to 12.6 but I also did weight reduction. I upgraded to newer lighter seats exct.

I want the wife's car to be able to pass slow drivers with less effort.