Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Going to Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 06:21 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Going to Atlanta, GA

Most of you know I changed jobs last fall. Well, in the process of becoming Triumph Champion (as they call us) my continued training is bringing me to Atlanta this coming Sunday. I should be in town till Tuesday evening before I fly back home.

The perk in this training will be riding a few of the new Triumph models that came out this year. Bobber, Street Twin, Street Cup and my favorite, the Thruxton. End of day Monday, bike rides, and then a Triumph diner at The Vortex in Atlanta.

Since I am arriving on Sunday, I'll have some time to kill. If anyone knows a good place to eat or have a good beer please let me know. And if you're in the neighbor hood and want to hook up, even better.

I'll try and take a few pics if anyone's interested.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:47 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Travel perks are usually always good! Enjoy the trip.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Hook up?
Old 05-15-2017, 07:52 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
One night stand or will you call me in the morning?
Old 05-15-2017, 08:48 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Those long, cold, Great White North winter nights must affect one.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:30 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Story of my life...
Old 05-16-2017, 05:23 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
If you get to ride a Thruxton 1200 I would like to know your impressions.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:04 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Do you know if you'll get to ride the new Street Triple?
Old 05-16-2017, 05:48 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Originally Posted by CrankenFine
If you get to ride a Thruxton 1200 I would like to know your impressions.
I've driven it in the parking lot at work. You can see there's allot of low end torque and grunt. If I don't get to ride it in Atlanta, I will at work. The weather has been really sh*** the past month, and I haven't had a chance to take any of these bikes home for a real world test ride. I will once back from my trip.

Originally Posted by xeris
Do you know if you'll get to ride the new Street Triple?
Same answer, if I can't drive it in Atlanta, will do when back home. So far I've toyed with the amazing dash on the RS model. The way it's configured is just awesome. It pivots to suite your riding height amongst a plethora of neat features.

Can't wait till Monday.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:12 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jack Flash
I've driven it in the parking lot at work. You can see there's allot of low end torque and grunt. If I don't get to ride it in Atlanta, I will at work. The weather has been really sh*** the past month, and I haven't had a chance to take any of these bikes home for a real world test ride. I will once back from my trip.

Same answer, if I can't drive it in Atlanta, will do when back home. So far I've toyed with the amazing dash on the RS model. The way it's configured is just awesome. It pivots to suite your riding height amongst a plethora of neat features.

Can't wait till Monday.
spoken like a true Champion.... he he

Have a great trip mate! Oh yes, and be careful, remember my one and only Triumph (media) event ride almost landed me in jail in the wilds of Tennessee... Ain't been able to look at a corn pipe the same ever since...
Old 05-17-2017, 07:34 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
Ain't been able to look at a corn pipe the same ever since...
Surprised you could see it being face down and all.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:50 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

Jack- did you get to ride some bikes in Atlanta? Curious if you rode the sport version of Thruxton and your impressions overall.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Originally Posted by CrankenFine
Jack- did you get to ride some bikes in Atlanta? Curious if you rode the sport version of Thruxton and your impressions overall.

No I didn't. Began to rain on Monday afternoon, and it stopped about 2 hours before my flight back home.

I have road back home. Took a few bikes home last week. Began with the new Street Triple RS. I still can't find the right words to describe how awesome this bike is. To begin with, just the dash is amazing. It detects if it's daytime or night time, and changes automatically. No matter how sunny it is, it's readable.
The power band is typical of a triple, very linear, loads of torque, and just wants you to give it more and more. It climbs up the speed ladder with ease and you need to hold on to those handlebars. The 765 is one great engine. Also the reason why it will be the Moto2 official engine.

Took home the Thruxton the next day. What a great cafe racer. The 1200 has loads of torque, pulls beautifully and handles just great. This little engine also wants you to give it more. It does begin to vibrate a little when you race above 110-115 mph, but you can still give it more, it will take it. The 3 ride modes are pretty cool, but the sport mode was the one I was interested in.

Next in line, if I have a chance this week will be the Bobber. Just something about it that's too cool.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:06 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

Sorry you hit bad weather in Atlanta, had to be majorly disappointing after enduring air travel. Thanks for the impressions. There's something about the classic look of the Thruxton that appeals to me. I guess I am so retro I want every motorcycle to have a round headlight... I noted the Moto 2 adoption for 2019. I think it's a good development for the sport.

Originally Posted by Jack Flash
No I didn't. Began to rain on Monday afternoon, and it stopped about 2 hours before my flight back home.

I have road back home. Took a few bikes home last week. Began with the new Street Triple RS. I still can't find the right words to describe how awesome this bike is. To begin with, just the dash is amazing. It detects if it's daytime or night time, and changes automatically. No matter how sunny it is, it's readable.
The power band is typical of a triple, very linear, loads of torque, and just wants you to give it more and more. It climbs up the speed ladder with ease and you need to hold on to those handlebars. The 765 is one great engine. Also the reason why it will be the Moto2 official engine.

Took home the Thruxton the next day. What a great cafe racer. The 1200 has loads of torque, pulls beautifully and handles just great. This little engine also wants you to give it more. It does begin to vibrate a little when you race above 110-115 mph, but you can still give it more, it will take it. The 3 ride modes are pretty cool, but the sport mode was the one I was interested in.

Next in line, if I have a chance this week will be the Bobber. Just something about it that's too cool.