Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

RANT!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Superstock

selztoad is on a distinguished road
RANT!!

MODS please move to rant section

i have an idiot neighbor who thinks our road is his own personal test and tune dragstrip with his 2008 gsxr1000, i called the cops on him once but he is out doing it again tonight.... any suggestions?

Also this is a 25mph speedlimit and his is going ***** out a good 60+mph

Last edited by selztoad; 09-05-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:23 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by selztoad
i have an idiot neighbor who thinks our road is his own personal test and tune dragstrip with his 2008 gsxr1000, i called the cops on him once but he is out doing it again tonight.... any suggestions?

Also this is a 25mph speedlimit and his is going ***** out a good 60+mph
Have a civilized friendly discussion (unless there is bad blood from prior call) about bikes, then work your way into something like you know this is a neighborhood and if you hit a kid your going to prison for a log time.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:08 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
We have a few customers that come to the shop that we have to have a talking with. The one guy took 3 times. On the third time, he tried convincing my boss that it is cool because it is a motorcycle shop. My boss told him to find another shop...which worked. He pulls in pretty docile now.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Piano wire strung between two very sturdy fixed objects on either side of the road might do the trick.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Back Marker

Big Shepp is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by killer5280
Piano wire strung between two very sturdy fixed objects on either side of the road might do the trick.
It'll also probably get you arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:20 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Shepp
It'll also probably get you arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
It was a joke. I think the charges for doing something like that would be much more serious than assault with a deadly weapon.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:26 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Start off polite (one on one) but if common sense doesn't prevail, perhaps try rounding up a few neighbours (preferably fathers of kids) for a more spirited discussion (strongly doubt there will be any need for physical exchanges at this point, unless he is a real class A a**hole....)
Old 09-05-2011, 07:25 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

i called the cops on him once

any suggestions?
Have a talk with the guy, slip him a note in the mailbox.... Do it anonymous if you need to. Let him know high speeds on your street won't be tolerated. Maybe he will "hear" you. Is he in the wrong, yes. You were young and dumb at least once. People make stupid choices, I know I have. His bad karma will catch up to him without your help.

You know what they say, opinions are like aholes. You asked for mine.

p.s. There is a Rant section you know??
Old 09-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Superstock

oh didnt realize there was a rant section, guess i should read huh? Also to add insult to injury yesterday when he was making his 5th pass i stood right out in my front yard at the edge of the street and he just looked at me and kept accelerating. I think he is a young GI , he has his dodge charger with big stupid rims and a brand new motorcycle...either way I think more than one person has called the police as I didnt have his address but the cop went right to his house?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:28 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Good thing you don't live near me!!! 35mph over the speed limit is going slow. My favorite road is a 40mph zone and I hit 90mph in the tighter corners (I slow in the straights because who cares) and sometimes when I push hard I'll hit triple digits on corner exit.

Maybe just cut the guy some slack? Do you think it's just a temporary thing or something he is likely to do every day?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 PM
MotoGP

While I love speed as much as the next guy (actually, more than 99% of the population I am sure), there nevertheless are places and times to indulge. As the father of a three year-old daughter, may God protect the moron who runs her over as a result of drunken or careless driving.

Again, there are places to "get your ya-yas out" and residential streets are not among them.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:57 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
borrow that ol oil leaking clunker (one of your friends has one everyone has someone like that) and drive it continually up and down in front of his drive and back leaking oil all over then , just watch the fun. thus it isn't "your fault" that he wasn't riding safely also if he actually complains about it being a hazzard, then that leaves you open to tell him about his actions also being unsafe. win win
Old 09-06-2011, 06:04 PM
MotoGP

similar but somewhat less environmentally harmful, amazing what a bit of sand or gravel can do to Mr Drag Racer, especially if strategically placed in his braking zone.....
Old 09-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Superstock

Funny guys yea this is taking place in a residential area where houses are 50 ft from each other not some back country road. I have a 2 yr old son and a 38week pregnant wife if he were to wipeout he and his motorcycle would become projectile missles @ 60mph. Check out street view
dayspring dr 28314 - Google Maps
Old 09-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Back Marker

D VTR RIDER is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
While I love speed as much as the next guy (actually, more than 99% of the population I am sure), there nevertheless are places and times to indulge. As the father of a three year-old daughter, may God protect the moron who runs her over as a result of drunken or careless driving.

Again, there are places to "get your ya-yas out" and residential streets are not among them.
I'm totally in agreement. I live on a street (no sidewalks) were idiots did 50+ kph over the limit on a regular basis when I would be cycling with my kids, etc. They would try and sneak by at that speed even with oncoming traffic. I lost it a few times. Residential streets aren't for going ***** out. Save that for the open road where posted speed limits don't count except for the police of course. I had to go and have a chat with a neighbour son up the street. Some times people just need to be told that what they are doing isn't acceptable. At first try being polite, however if that doesn't work, then take it up a notch.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:30 PM
MotoGP

Funny guys yea this is taking place in a residential area where houses are 50 ft from each other not some back country road. I have a 2 yr old son and a 38week pregnant wife if he were to wipeout he and his motorcycle would become projectile missles @ 60mph.
see, that is why you need to park an old car or pick-up truck in close proximity of the gravel patch (you surely have the necessary info to execute this plan as you undoubtedly know which direction he comes from when going for the NHRA record)... no sense any innocent bystanders getting hurt, a 60 mph 200 lb (?) projectile can inflict a lot of damage......
Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 PM
SuperBike

Fake him out. Start wheeling down the drive way in reverse with just the right timing and slam on the brakes, sliding just on the street. Dont obstruct his path, just make him panic brake, or panic break, however you want to call it. If he doesnt crash, have words with him at this point, if he does, well, could you possibly have known that a bike was coming at 60 or better. Whoops.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:46 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by autoteach
Start wheeling down the drive way in reverse
Now THIS I'd have to see.... my bike doesn't even have reverse!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:01 PM
SuperBike

No, with his car...dummy
Old 09-06-2011, 07:02 PM
SuperBike

and, wheeling is like tooling, like, get the lead out and get your sh$% moving down the drive way.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:34 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by autoteach
No, with his car...dummy
now, now, be nice....
Old 09-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Back Marker

malahhaor is on a distinguished road
Have a talk with him, if it does not work, film his stunts and take it to the police. After a few recorded complaints take it to the city hall and get speed bumps installed.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Maybe you'll get lucky, and eventually the "Darwin Principle" will take care of him.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:12 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
Call the cops every time he does it. that way they will have record of it. Let them take care of it. I usually just go out to the end of the driveway and yell at anyone going by that is doing that kind of stuff. With kids in the neighborhood, there's no reason to be doing that kind of stuff.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by malahhaor
Have a talk with him, if it does not work, film his stunts and take it to the police. After a few recorded complaints take it to the city hall and get speed bumps installed.
+1. record him on video a few times and present it to the police. They should be able to press charges right away. A wrekless driving ticket should do. If he's too much of a knuckle head to realize that speed runs in a residential neighborhood are unacceptable then there's no use talking to him.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Back Marker

jaypo is on a distinguished road
Looking at that google street view one thing you have going is that dayspring has two exits. So, and I'm just saying hypothetically, if you were to park your truck/car sideways in the street to block the road, your neighbors could still get out but it would be much less inviting as a race track. I would talk to the other neighbors about it and come up with a plan to lock that street down. Let him know he needs to find a new testing road.

To me Chicken Road looks like a great spot for opening it up...or even Bomb Proof road... Who the heck named your streets man! Uh yeah meet me at the corner of Chicken and Bomb Proof...

Last edited by jaypo; 09-07-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Back Marker

VTRumble is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by davidka
+1. record him on video a few times and present it to the police. They should be able to press charges right away. A wrekless driving ticket should do. If he's too much of a knuckle head to realize that speed runs in a residential neighborhood are unacceptable then there's no use talking to him.
I would think the first time he sees somebody filming him, he'd get the hint...
Old 09-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Squid

uebergang is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRumble
I would think the first time he sees somebody filming him, he'd get the hint...
yep thats what i think, but try the nice friendly chat first. you never know how big of an *** he might be if you go to full on to soon. ive been talked to myself when i was younger/dumber on dirt back roads with 100acre (around 40 hec in funny talk) blocks down it (car sliding with 3 passes), and happily respected what he had to say and stoped . im thankful of that experiance. dont know what the laws are there but here in AUS a 650cc+ rider would have to be over 21years old due to licencing. he should be smart enough at 21 to lissen. hope it goes well and stops soon for you and your family