Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Mirrors (longer ones) that fill fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Squid

Tempest is on a distinguished road
Mirrors (longer ones) that fill fit?

My mirror mounts are broken (and been bodged as a repair) which means I can't fit official mirror extenders,

Are their any OTHER mirrors that will fit a Firestorm/Superhawk, (without any modification) look good, and stickout another (approx) 2" or so.

Not silly long, but long enough to give you better view than stock as I jsut have a lovely view of my arms as I ride along right now!

I think I read something about R6 mirrors fitting, but not sure if they are longer or not, or any other ones that may fit.

Anyone know?
Old 08-20-2006, 04:01 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
One of the disadvantages of a narrow Vtwin sportbike is the mirrors. I don't know of any that don't require at least some minor modification besides using spacers.

The R1 & R6 (long), and FZ1(longer) all bolt on but require mods to really work right. Some live with the limitations.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Squid

Tempest is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superbling
One of the disadvantages of a narrow Vtwin sportbike is the mirrors. I don't know of any that don't require at least some minor modification besides using spacers.

The R1 & R6 (long), and FZ1(longer) all bolt on but require mods to really work right. Some live with the limitations.
Thanks....

Perhaps due to my long arms or something, but really I cannot see ANYTHING behind me when I'm riding in a straight line.
the only time I can see is when I turn/lean the bike to the right or left.

It's not that I get a bit of my arm in the mirror. My arm looks "Central" to the mirror.

For all I know a cop car could be right behind me, and until the siren went on I'd have no idea
Old 08-21-2006, 06:12 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
I have the Genmar (I believe) mirror extenders on my '02 and they do help you see more than your elbows... not a 100% improvement but I would say a good 50% more than stock did for me.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Squid

Chilly996 is on a distinguished road
Somewhere in the Photo Gallery I saw someone who had GSXR 1000 mirrors with the integral turn signal. They looked long enough to get a decent view but the guy never answered a pm I sent him about that and the mounting procedure. Maybe someone else has an answer.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Señor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
Anyone know if the FZ1 mirrors stick out farther than the stock mirrors with mirror extenders?

I think the mirror extenders look kinda goofy, but if they work better than R6/R1 or FZ1 mirrors, then I might go that route. I don't wanna spend 50 bucks on them, but I never see used FZ1 mirrors on eBay. The only ones I see fit other bikes, and are shorter than the stock FZ1 mirrors.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:55 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know but they do stick WAY out there, I can put up a pic later if you want. Great for sight but I did have to get use to how they look.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:19 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the FZ1 mirrors and they rock. I can see everything behind me and very little to no vibration.

They bolt right onto the stock bases and you just grind off a little of the FZ1 stalk's base to get more fore and aft movement, thats it.

Check out pics of my bike "Red, Silver and Black" in the photos section to see how they look. They're a little insectoid at first but you get used to it quick. They've already saved my *** from jail - felony pursuit x 2
Old 08-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Squid

superbird is on a distinguished road
Bar end mirrors ?

Never tried the bar end mirrors on clip ons with the hawk , however , now I've got them mounted up on a handle bars from Spiegler and I can see the past perfectly. I'm using "Napolean" brand mirrors, nicely made product. I only wish I could see the future.