Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Bikers vs Rang Rover

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
You really should watch the videos available and read up on the event before posting any more.. you are just making your self look silly and unreasonable

OTOH, if that is what your going for... Carry on
Nowhere in the video are they slashing tires at any time.

The only people who are silly and unreasonable are those who just take NYPD's statements at face value and assume them to be correct.

The rover most likely had tire damage from, oh I don't know...running over motorcycles?

THINK for once in your life maybe? If they only gave him a minor beating for running people over, why are you assuming they would have gone after his wife and family for a small bump? If he stopped when instructed (or better yet, BEFORE he ran into one of them) he would have been just fine.

The sheep-like mentality of just listening to everything you read and not making a judgement for yourself is why we are in the government predicament also, stupid people deserve to be taken advantage of.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
There are like 9+ million people in this city. This was a few nuts. Its like blaming the US for the wacky shootings. Those are nutjobs.

What you guys don't comprehend is what its like for a solitary biker in NYC. You park & get knocked over. You get your foot run over at stoplight. Open manholes. People opening door into you, etc.

I am not condoning this vid that I haven't seen. Just saying shizzy that saying you deserve to get run over for merely impeding cager progress is dumber than the bikers in the vid.
If you don't watch the vid you have no room to comment. Nothing that happens to you on a daily basis can be used to justify what that group of thugs did to that family. They weren't "parking" in front of the Range Rover they were BLOCKING his route. World of difference. One is much more aggressive than the other and the aggressive maneuver requires action.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Back Marker

HawkRider98 is on a distinguished road
"If he stopped when instructed (or better yet, BEFORE he ran into one of them) he would have..."

What authority did they have to "instruct" the driver to stop?
Old 10-12-2013, 10:29 AM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine
I read at least one of his tires were slashed before he decided to gun it. Hell, I wouldn't have stopped in the traffic jam like he did. I'd have thrown it in reverse and did a U. No way I would have stopped in that situation. When you are a parent, nothing will stop you from trying to protect your family.

+++++ 1
Old 10-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blamecanada

The only people who are silly and unreasonable are those who just take NYPD's statements at face value and assume them to be correct.

The rover most likely had tire damage from, oh I don't know...running over motorcycles?

THINK for once in your life maybe? If they only gave him a minor beating for running people over, why are you assuming they would have gone after his wife and family for a small bump? If he stopped when instructed (or better yet, BEFORE he ran into one of them) he would have been just fine.

The sheep-like mentality of just listening to everything you read and not making a judgement for yourself is why we are in the government predicament also, stupid people deserve to be taken advantage of.
Perhaps you should seek out a reading comprehension course at your local junior collage..Consider courses in critical thinking and research as well.

From what you post,, I think it would be helpful for you personally, and generally for those subjected to reading what you post.

Once completed revisit this discussion and use your new found education and not your emotions and preconceived bias to enlighten us.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Perhaps you should seek out a reading comprehension course at your local junior collage..Consider courses in critical thinking and research as well.

From what you post,, I think it would be helpful for you personally, and generally for those subjected to reading what you post.

Once completed revisit this discussion and use your new found education and not your emotions and preconceived bias to enlighten us.

The reason I won't be doing as you suggest is because as someone so succinctly put it earlier: "you can't fix stupid", and if this is what you think, then you are stupid and there is no help for you.

All I can say is don't "defend" your family by running over anyone I know, or you'll be dead, not treated for minor injuries and released.

For what it's worth, Old Yeller was on point by saying that if your riding buddies are behaving like this, find new buddies, or slap some sense into them, but that doesn't make what the driver did morally right.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:00 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blamecanada

ok ill flame here. you are a ******* assclown moron. " a minor beating"....."stopped when instructed"......"ASSUMING they would have gone after his wife and family"....."stupid people deserve to be taken advantage of".....hahaha....**** you.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:49 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I'll put this here.

Canada... it looks like even the initial reports of the guy brake checking the rover getting hit are incorrect. The rover injured exactly no one before he was surrounded. He had no way out and was being intimidated. I know that it is humbling to take a step back once you take a hard stance on the internet, but this is a hard one to defend, man. If there were any reason to believe the Rover acted unnecessarily, I would change my mind but there just is no way of defending the riders.

Smokinjoe... this link has images of the events and show no one getting run over (just don't click on the video) Like was said before, not only would it be helpful if you saw the video before you made any comments, but this incident is not in any way going to make NYC roads safer or people less aggressive towards bikers. If drivers didn't have any reason to be angry at bikers before, they will if they see this video.

The Jawa Report: Bikers Versus SUV (Updated: New Images Added)
Old 10-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
As the OP, I would like to request that the moderators close this thread. I apologize to everyone for having put this on the forum, since I feel it has become way to personal.
It is agreed that we disagree. We all have are personal opinions about the video, and, whatever our thoughts on the subject is, is fine with me.

Perhaps we can concentrate our energy on the important threads and subjects, like, 'What oil is best ?' 'What's the best R/R to use ?' or 'Is it better to use regular or super unleaded ?'

Here, let me start. Is red really faster then my gun metal grey ?
Old 10-13-2013, 05:33 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Closed it will remain.