Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Bikers vs Rang Rover

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 07:25 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I was not involved. Haven't even watched the vid as I see enuff crap in real life that I dont watch reality shows or stuff like this.

I am surprised, though, that you guys as bikers dont have more empathy for the situation where what would you do if you saw your riding buddy purpsefully run over? (and maybe killed?).

I am not condoning anything since I dont know but if someone runs over my friend, yeah, I would smash the window, rip him out and wail on him. ( and be justified in doing so).

And really, does it change anything? If ONE driver gives you another inch on the road with this crap in the back of their mind, then maybe its worth it.

I just cant believe they got caught. Cops here HATE being involved in any way.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
I am surprised, though, that you guys as bikers dont have more empathy for the situation where what would you do if you saw your riding buddy purpsefully run over? (and maybe killed?)..
The problem is the mob started trying to beat the guy out of the car after the first minor fender bender that the motorcyclist caused. the other guy got runover I doubt purposefully (im sure he would have avoided him if he could) when the guy was just trying to get his family away from a mob that was clearly set to do him harm.

While yes, I feel for the guy that got run over I also feel that the driver of the SUV was justifiably in fear of the well being of him and his family
Old 10-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I think you guys are forgetting one major detail. The SUV driver was Asian! We all know how horrible they are at driving
Old 10-10-2013, 05:43 AM
MotoGP

Crux, you think worse than African American females? Just adding this to point out the racial view, no matter how right either of us are.

But somehow 9 out of 10 African guys are in total respect of bikers(!). In my opinion.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:45 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
7moore7 & insulinboy Thank you (from across the ocean) for your reassuring and rational response to a surprising and scarily gung-ho post in support of the hooligan gang.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
I don't support the "gang", but I support the driver even less, and as motorcyclists you shouldn't support him either.

Running us down for any reason is not "justified", his life wasn't in danger, and his actions escalated the situation.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
What a thread!

Ok so far we've slandered Asians, African Americans, Women and Old people.

We've gone this far let's go the whole route... who can we slander next???

Old 10-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blamecanada
Running us down for any reason is not "justified", his life wasn't in danger, and his actions escalated the situation.
As far as he knew, his life was absolutely in danger (men with their identities concealed in helmets attacking his vehicle). He had his wife and child in the car and he was completely justified in attempting to escape. Every single one of use would have done the same thing without fail.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:02 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blamecanada
as motorcyclists you shouldn't support him either.
Lol, one is not required to support anyone just because they own the same equipment, belong to the same state, or like the same drink!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
I too wrote a heated disagree reply to this, but deleted because blamecanada simply wouldn't get it. Not worth the finger exercise.

Originally Posted by insulinboy
I had posted something similar to your post then decided to delete it because arguing on the internet just gets my blood pressure up and I already have enough heart problems

Edited to add: I also never thought I'd live long enough to be called an "old guy"
Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CrankenFine
What a thread!

You're right. I regret ever having put this on. As far as slander, I'm french, so go ahead and take a shot at me.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jack Flash
You're right. I regret ever having put this on. As far as slander, I'm french, so go ahead and take a shot at me.
Hey why does the french military wear brown pants.....

No I'm not going to take it all the way but I just couldn't help myself sorry if it makes you feel any better my fathers parents are French Canadian eh
Old 10-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by insulinboy
Hey why does the french military wear brown pants.....

No I'm not going to take it all the way but I just couldn't help myself sorry if it makes you feel any better my fathers parents are French Canadian eh
I know where you were going with this. Good one. However, world of difference between French on the other side of the pond, and French on this side of the pond.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:18 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
I was not involved. Haven't even watched the vid as I see enuff crap in real life that I dont watch reality shows or stuff like this.

I am surprised, though, that you guys as bikers dont have more empathy for the situation where what would you do if you saw your riding buddy purpsefully run over? (and maybe killed?).

I am not condoning anything since I dont know but if someone runs over my friend, yeah, I would smash the window, rip him out and wail on him. ( and be justified in doing so).

And really, does it change anything? If ONE driver gives you another inch on the road with this crap in the back of their mind, then maybe its worth it.

the better question is probably what would you do if you were riding with your buddies and one of them did something this stupid. I'd probably be off my bike, asking the car to stop while I pick up my buddy and slap the **** out of him for doing such stupid stuff that sucks in the group we're riding with. Buddy or not, he got less than what he deserves. As I said...if it was me there would have been more carnage. Threaten the lives of me and my grandson and see what happens.

(sorry...not meaning to pick on you Joe...just rather charged about this one)

Last edited by Old Yeller; 10-10-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:20 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CrankenFine
What a thread!

Me!!!

Oh wait...you already covered old guys, didn't you.

Last edited by Old Yeller; 10-10-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:38 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road

Joe, with all due respect to rider bodies, which I will protect with full force if necessary, but really the true question to you is, if you had kids, how would you react if you already hit one rider unintentionally and had an angry mob surrounding you? Would you try to talk to them??? You think you could have made sense to them? Put yourself in his shows, you can't defend yourself or your family, who we are to judge what he did is wrong or right?
If you watch the video closely, you can see that idiot slowed down on him very fast, the driver may have not be an experience enough to slow down that quick if he even could do it, the rest is all history...

Last edited by NHSH; 10-10-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
Set the screaming kids onto them, that will scare them off LOL

The guy did stop to do the right thing after the initial incident to do the right thing, whatever that is over there, exchange details, insurance etc. But apparently they started to kick and scream and try to smash the vehicle up like a scene out of Mad Max, hence the reason the guy feared for his and his family's life and most likely thought "**** lets get the hell out of here".

It's simple then, you put you foot down on the accelerator and go, if anyone is in the way then ram them out the way. Simples!!!! It's them or you and your family. It's a no brainier really. No time for hesitation/thinking or your dead. Does a soldier think about pulling a trigger when being fired upon!!! yes no guns where involved but it's the same principle.

(:-})
Old 10-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cybercarl
...like a scene out of Mad Max, hence the reason the guy feared for his and his family's life...
First time I saw the images that's what I thought: Mad Max.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:17 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
But apparently they started to kick and scream and try to smash the vehicle up like a scene out of Mad Max, hence the reason the guy feared for his and his family's life and most likely thought "**** lets get the hell out of here".
I read at least one of his tires were slashed before he decided to gun it. Hell, I wouldn't have stopped in the traffic jam like he did. I'd have thrown it in reverse and did a U. No way I would have stopped in that situation. When you are a parent, nothing will stop you from trying to protect your family.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:29 PM
SuperBike

Set the screaming kids onto them, that will scare them off LOL

The guy did stop to do the right thing after the initial incident to do the right thing, whatever that is over there, exchange details, insurance etc. But apparently they started to kick and scream and try to smash the vehicle up like a scene out of Mad Max, hence the reason the guy feared for his and his family's life and most likely thought "**** lets get the hell out of here".

It's simple then, you put you foot down on the accelerator and go, if anyone is in the way then ram them out the way. Simples!!!! It's them or you and your family. It's a no brainier really. No time for hesitation/thinking or your dead. Does a soldier think about pulling a trigger when being fired upon!!! yes no guns where involved but it's the same principle.

(:-})
Exactly right mate, trust me on this, your mind goes to a survival mode in a split second and there is no right or wrong at that point, you can only do what your mind is trained to do under such stress, to the extent of your training.
When I was facing the enemy with there Kalashnikov right at my face spraying bullets, all I can think of was pulling the trigger and get the bullets as fast as I can out of the barrel, that said, I kept the trigger on very short bursts, can't be accurate if you just spray in automatic, which was the tendency of the enemy to do, lucky me...
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Wolverine
I read at least one of his tires were slashed before he decided to gun it. Hell, I wouldn't have stopped in the traffic jam like he did. I'd have thrown it in reverse and did a U. No way I would have stopped in that situation. When you are a parent, nothing will stop you from trying to protect your family.
+1 Right on, the parents here knows what we talking about, I don't care who you are, a biker or whatever, if you going to harm my kids phisically, I will go after you to the end of earth and rip your heart out
Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 PM
MotoGP

Yeah, if you read my posts carefully, I did not watch the video. Nor will I.

Therefore I can't speak to what these noodnicks did. And I get protect the children. I won't even ride in groups so can't empathize.

Like I said, if NYC drivers hesitate for just a split second to let me by, thats fine with me.

Someone should take some vids of the city and all the nuts actually pushing their strollers INTO traffic without looking.

Its crazy. The last thing on NYC parents minds is protecting children you would believe by watching what they do.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:45 AM
SuperBike

Yeah, if you read my posts carefully, I did not watch the video. Nor will I.

Therefore I can't speak to what these noodnicks did. And I get protect the children. I won't even ride in groups so can't empathize.

Like I said, if NYC drivers hesitate for just a split second to let me by, thats fine with me.

Someone should take some vids of the city and all the nuts actually pushing their strollers INTO traffic without looking.

Its crazy. The last thing on NYC parents minds is protecting children you would believe by watching what they do.
That my friend I must agree with you, I seen that allot in NYC, some people don't deserve to be parents, let alone jumping into traffic on there own, also not to mention all the idiots that open the cab doors wide open without looking, when it clearly states with big letters on the cab window to watch for traffic before you open the door.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:47 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
in my mind this is so cut and dry its ridiculous. the trash that got run over is getting what he deserves for parking his bike in front of the rover. that video just made me nervous the whole time watching these morons "ride." i lost count of all the dangerous and stupid maneuvers they made. completely reckless at all levels. just because they are on bikes like i am, means nothing. there is right and wrong, simple.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
in my mind this is so cut and dry its ridiculous. the trash that got run over is getting what he deserves for parking his bike in front of the rover. that video just made me nervous the whole time watching these morons "ride." i lost count of all the dangerous and stupid maneuvers they made. completely reckless at all levels. just because they are on bikes like i am, means nothing. there is right and wrong, simple.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:50 PM
MotoGP

Yeah, cuz any of us who park a bike in front of a range rover deserve to get run over.

That makes sense.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:30 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

well if all your shitbird friends are slashing the tires and attempting to smash in the glass of said rover......lets just say you should prepare for the possibility of becoming a pancake. Im surprised you are not "getting" the point here.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Ill stop right there. i respect most people on this site and i dont want to flame anyone. everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:20 PM
MotoGP

There are like 9+ million people in this city. This was a few nuts. Its like blaming the US for the wacky shootings. Those are nutjobs.

What you guys don't comprehend is what its like for a solitary biker in NYC. You park & get knocked over. You get your foot run over at stoplight. Open manholes. People opening door into you, etc.

I am not condoning this vid that I haven't seen. Just saying shizzy that saying you deserve to get run over for merely impeding cager progress is dumber than the bikers in the vid.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Yeah, cuz any of us who park a bike in front of a range rover deserve to get run over.

That makes sense.
You really should watch the videos available and read up on the event before posting any more.. you are just making your self look silly and unreasonable

OTOH, if that is what your going for... Carry on

Quick Reply: Bikers vs Rang Rover