SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Bikers vs Rang Rover

I hope Smokin wasn't in this one. Once again, we get a bad rep for a few
hot heads. IMHO

Old 10-04-2013, 10:28 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I've been doing it wrong this whole time. I try to stay out of the cars' way... didn't know I was supposed to make an obstacle course out of myself on the roadways.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
S**t like this makes me sick. All of them are dumb NO spacing, no orginazation to the ride. And i thought Squid was a legit name for my self...
Old 10-04-2013, 06:25 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
i would have gone fwd and rev till that rover got high centered on biker trash. then comes the brass
Old 10-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Back Marker

brothermike is on a distinguished road
WOW just WOW! !
Old 10-08-2013, 02:15 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
I applaud the SUV driver. first for running one of the guys over, second, for having the self-restraint to not kill them, which I would have done. They should be lucky it wasn't me. I'd have started shooting with my .40 and not stopped until all my mags were empty. then I'd have rolled on swerving to hit as many of them that were brave enough to have stayed around.

Can you tell I have no tolerance for such stupidity?
Old 10-08-2013, 02:39 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
What a bunch of ****. These "bikers" totally give motorcyclists a bad rep. Everyone involved on 2 wheels should have their license revoked period. Those that slashed tires/broke windows/beat the hell out of the guy in the suv should have charges pressed.
From what I heard(hearsay), right after punting the guy who hit the brakes in front of him, the cage had his tires slashed. Now, what would you do? Sit there calmly and wait for the po-po with thugs surrounding you...w/ at least knives (wife and small infant in the auto)?
Pisses me off actually. It's like gang warfare on 2 wheels.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Back Marker

996thehawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Old Yeller
I applaud the SUV driver. first for running one of the guys over, second, for having the self-restraint to not kill them, which I would have done. They should be lucky it wasn't me. I'd have started shooting with my .40 and not stopped until all my mags were empty. then I'd have rolled on swerving to hit as many of them that were brave enough to have stayed around.

Can you tell I have no tolerance for such stupidity?
Unfortunately in the state of NY and many other states you can't carry concealed or open. If only we could, maybe this wouldn't have happened or he could have been able to protect himself and his family. Instead he took a helmet to the face... It's sad but true.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 996thehawk
Unfortunately in the state of NY and many other states you can't carry concealed or open. If only we could, maybe this wouldn't have happened or he could have been able to protect himself and his family. Instead he took a helmet to the face... It's sad but true.
Since when? you can get your CCW in NY, its just extremely difficult and the process is long and expensive. I have several friends still living in NY from when I lived there that have their CCW permits.

Edit: [/thread jack]

I was discussing this on the YZF forum as well and agree, not only would I have fled as he did but I would have unloaded a few mags of .45 rounds as well.

From the hearsay on the other forum the bikers were trying to stop traffic so they could have the open road ahead to stunt on, which pisses me off even more

Last edited by insulinboy; 10-08-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
I sure wouldn't trust NYPD if I lived in NYC. A few ruin it for many on so many levels. LEO thought he'd just get away with it, now to see what NYPD does with his employment. I bet he'll get suspended with pay while the investigation continues, then reinstated loosing rank, but not fired once the case is closed.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Back Marker

brothermike is on a distinguished road
Like I always say "When seconds count the police are only minutes away" In this case somehow an off duty detective was involved.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
Everyone involved on 2 wheels should have their license revoked period.
That's if they have one. I wonder how many of them are riding on stolen bikes. From what I have gathered these are just a bike gang that go out purposely to cause chaos, mug people and have their so called fun.

What annoys me is that the authorities have seemed to have turned a blind eye to this and not intervened until after the incident where the guy has been beaten and knifed in front of his wife and kid. These gangs are no better than terrorists as this is what they do....go out and terrorise people.

Here's a link to a lot more footage of the whole mob out and about. These where quickly taken down off of youtube by the (for want of a better word) biker/hoon that uploaded them. I can't believe they did not get spotted and reported by at least one cop car or anyone out on patrol.
Deleted Videos Show Asshat Bikers Before Range Rover Attack

We had the whole discussion on this a week ago in the UK. At first I thought the driver was as much too blame as the gang. But then I didn't think about the possibility of guns being a threat or realise that these where actually gangs purposely out to rob and terrorise people. They are like street gangs on two wheels out on the rampage.

(:-})
Old 10-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
More likely half or more of the 20 bikers would then be carrying as well and the whole family would be dead.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Squid

Rebirth98 is on a distinguished road
It sucks being a young person and having to be subjected to the disgust of everyone in the public who doesn't like "crotch rocket thugs." I had to explain to one guy leaving the store that these bikes are sport tourers and not even the same engine design.

As well as how many of them actually had licensed, registered, and insured bikes? Or that I ride by myself and am more afraid of his truck then he of my tiny little bike. Why would you ever pull in front of a massive SUV?

Sad that I am a thug now for how long....
Old 10-08-2013, 08:34 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Rebirth98
It sucks being a young person and having to be subjected to the disgust of everyone in the public who doesn't like "crotch rocket thugs." I had to explain to one guy leaving the store that these bikes are sport tourers and not even the same engine design.

As well as how many of them actually had licensed, registered, and insured bikes? Or that I ride by myself and am more afraid of his truck then he of my tiny little bike. Why would you ever pull in front of a massive SUV?

Sad that I am a thug now for how long....
Harley riders want to be seen as rebellious and dangerous, but most of the time I see them and think of a minister on his way to lead a service. And now you get to be seen as a bad for society **** and don't like it! What a twisted existence.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:37 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cybercarl
That's if they have one. I wonder how many of them are riding on stolen bikes. From what I have gathered these are just a bike gang that go out purposely to cause chaos, mug people and have their so called fun.

What annoys me is that the authorities have seemed to have turned a blind eye to this and not intervened until after the incident where the guy has been beaten and knifed in front of his wife and kid. These gangs are no better than terrorists as this is what they do....go out and terrorise people.

Here's a link to a lot more footage of the whole mob out and about. These where quickly taken down off of youtube by the (for want of a better word) biker/hoon that uploaded them. I can't believe they did not get spotted and reported by at least one cop car or anyone out on patrol.
Deleted Videos Show Asshat Bikers Before Range Rover Attack

We had the whole discussion on this a week ago in the UK. At first I thought the driver was as much too blame as the gang. But then I didn't think about the possibility of guns being a threat or realise that these where actually gangs purposely out to rob and terrorise people. They are like street gangs on two wheels out on the rampage.

+1 Carl, you hit the subject right on the head mate, In my past working with bikes in NYC I can tell you that half of this dudes don't have license due to many reasons, and many of them didn't exactly pay for them, the ones that did, are falling into 3 categories:
First one is "my new girlfriend put the bike on her credit card".
Second is, paid in cash and you don't want to know where the cash is from.
Third is, the true hard working man that paid for there bikes with hard earn money and there for you will only see these guys on the side lines, but you will not see them getting involved with the real action.

As for the authorities... I don't think they turned a blind eye, it is not easy to control a mob like that, especially when they turn up unexpectedly. NYC doe's not have a CCTV monitoring system as good as in London, where every street corner is covered.

It is a shame that these groups put a bad rep' for the rest of us.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
My question to all of this is, where's the police ? I live in a place where
you don't even have the time to think of doing anything like this, you'll have about 20 cop cars running after you.
Bike will be seized on the spot, licence revoked, never ending list of traffic violations, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. Jail time is a strong possibility.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:07 AM
MotoGP

Red face

Originally Posted by cybercarl
We had the whole discussion on this a week ago in the UK.
Yeah, I read that one:

Originally Posted by Salty Dog
Americans with Guns
Americans with Bikes

Seems little difference.

The report shows what a pack of disrespectful hoons they really are.
Shame they picked on an Asian I.T. worker on a Sunday drive with his wife and child (speaks volumes on how tough these bikers are) .... some "Good ol Boys" in a F-250 Dual Cab from the local Bandidos chapter coming off a Saturday night bender when the Meth ran out would have been a funny outcome.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by insulinboy
Since when? you can get your CCW in NY, its just extremely difficult and the process is long and expensive. I have several friends still living in NY from when I lived there that have their CCW permits.

Edit: [/thread jack]

I was discussing this on the YZF forum as well and agree, not only would I have fled as he did but I would have unloaded a few mags of .45 rounds as well.

From the hearsay on the other forum the bikers were trying to stop traffic so they could have the open road ahead to stunt on, which pisses me off even more
I had no idea you can get a CCW in NY. I know you can't in Jersey and I was under the impression NY was even more strict now. My bad for spreading false information...
Old 10-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by davidka
More likely half or more of the 20 bikers would then be carrying as well and the whole family would be dead.
Well apparently you CAN get a carry permit, which I didn't know, but it is very difficult, which I think it should be. I'm sure most of them wouldn't qualify for a permit anyways. I just strongly feel that law abiding citizens should be able to protect themselves, especially in a time like this.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
Well apparently you CAN get a carry permit, which I didn't know, but it is very difficult, which I think it should be. I'm sure most of them wouldn't qualify for a permit anyways. I just strongly feel that law abiding citizens should be able to protect themselves, especially in a time like this.
I agree. The SUV driver is probably lucky that this group wasn't carrying illegally (or were unwilling to draw/fire) anyway.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:10 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by davidka
I agree. The SUV driver is probably lucky that this group wasn't carrying illegally (or were unwilling to draw/fire) anyway.
Very possible that some of them were... that's the point. The driver did not know what situation awaited him and his family when a group of that many unstable criminals (maybe just traffic criminals as far as he knew, but they clearly weren't about to exchange insurance information) surrounded his vehicle.

Hell, if I were carrying as the driver, the last thing I would do is present my weapon and start firing. There is no way that a group of riders that big would become safer as a result. Plus, realistically, you'd have a lot more explaining to do as far as self defense. I honestly think the driver did the best thing possible under stress. I'd be headed straight for a police station (which he may have been trying to do) to sort things out there.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
NYC doe's not have a CCTV monitoring system as good as in London, where every street corner is covered.
This is why they would not likely get away with it over here. But then what does one do, sacrifice some civil liberties for more camera's to spy on or track us and also be used as a form of revenue for minor traffic offences, parking etc. Arm the citizens to protect themselves which could turn into a viscious circle/gunfight at the OK Coral or put more visible Police patrols out on the streets to hopefully control things when they get out of hand. I say hopefully as even our Police where slow to control the London riots when it all kicked off. A lot of the CCTV was then used to gather evidence and catch people after the events.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:01 PM
MotoGP

NBC News report about the undercover cop involved.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
I was hoping this incident didn't hit this forum...can't say I'm surprised by the old people reacting with a knee jerk response like "I would run them over too!"

The driver of the SUV is a ***** and a coward and he is lucky he didn't get killed or get his family killed with his stupid decisions.

The bikers? ******** who just might succeed in convincing people to pass even more restrictive laws that negatively affect the rest of us.

But those of you backing up a decision to drive over them, or saying you would shoot them all...well? you're just dumb, there's no other way of looking at it.

First of all, you murder fantasy morons, if this had happened in a carry state, escalating it to gun violence would have immediately resulted in the deaths of the occupants of the vehicle, because hooligan bikers can and do carry.

Second, the SUV driver escalated the confrontation by not slowing down and leaving them alone.
- You can disagree with this all you want, you're wrong if you do, all he had to do was slow down, pull over, and call the cops. INSTEAD, he kept going, angry that he was being held up and forced over.
- Want to tell me the bikers deserved to get run over for impeding traffic? Ok, I'll accept your opinion, except it still wasn't the smart thing to do.
- He only got a very minor beating after running down several people. The people who say he was in danger just after the initial collision are wrong. If he had just stopped and faced the music after bumping the guy, or better yet didn't engage them...him and his family would be fine, and several of the bikers may still have gotten arrested for their ludicrous behavior.

I'm so ******* tired of seeing other motorcyclists joining the general public in hating these people and saying they deserved to get run over, or that they would do the same.

Grow a pair and try analyzing a situation with your head instead of your fearful emotions.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
If the stunt guys were all on superhawks the driver could have just stayed on the freeway till they all ran out of gas

: >
Old 10-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Superstock

Nevermind, not worth the argument
Old 10-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by insulinboy
Nevermind, not worth the argument

Good call...and I agree... You can't fix stupid.. The bikers actions and those that poorly attempt to defend them and condemn a man protecting his family can not be reasoned with or be expected to have an honest discussion.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 10-09-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:06 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by blamecanada
First of all, you murder fantasy morons, if this had happened in a carry state, escalating it to gun violence would have immediately resulted in the deaths of the occupants of the vehicle, because hooligan bikers can and do carry.
A few people mentioned bustin' caps, but from what I can tell that ratio is less than general internet.

Also, if you'll read my post I already said this (an I would guess there's more than one firearm in that group even though it's a very restricted state).

- You can disagree with this all you want, you're wrong if you do, all he had to do was slow down, pull over, and call the cops. INSTEAD, he kept going, angry that he was being held up and forced over.
I disagree. Play the situation out... Heated riders mad that he ran over their buddy (who illegally brake checked him). Half of them don't even know why he went down. They're surrounding you and have already shown a propensity for not following the law. They play dumb and innocent but they know that they're not gonna get any sympathy from any police responding to the initial incident. A group of people willing to take the law into their own hands (blocking a freeway, riding on sidewalks, etc) are very likely to inflict their own version of justice on the rover. Punch a few windows, kick the lights and mirrors, slash a tire or two... or worse (the driver doesn't know). You honestly think these guys are going to all of a sudden wait to fill out an incident report? You know they have to list their bike licence on those things... which many of them don't have.

Want to tell me the bikers deserved to get run over for impeding traffic? Ok, I'll accept your opinion, except it still wasn't the smart thing to do.
They got run over because they surrounded his vehicle and his family. Here's how the riders should have responded. Ride behind the rover for all of 5 seconds, get his licence info, and then report the incident. That's how you handle a situation like this if you know you're in the right. But they weren't in the right and they knew it.

He only got a very minor beating after running down several people. The people who say he was in danger just after the initial collision are wrong. If he had just stopped and faced the music after bumping the guy, or better yet didn't engage them...him and his family would be fine, and several of the bikers may still have gotten arrested for their ludicrous behavior.
You say this after you say these guys are possibly packing heat, and after they show zero tendencies for following any kind of legal proceedings.

Now guess how old I am

Edit: I like insulinboy's post better, haha!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by 7moore7

Edit: I like insulinboy's post better, haha!
I had posted something similar to your post then decided to delete it because arguing on the internet just gets my blood pressure up and I already have enough heart problems

Edited to add: I also never thought I'd live long enough to be called an "old guy"

Quick Reply: Bikers vs Rang Rover