General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

C'mon man!! Bikers need to look out for each other!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Squid

motogomojo is on a distinguished road
C'mon man!! Bikers need to look out for each other!

So today temps reached 57 degrees(which feels like 70 after 30's) and I decide to go for a quick blitz of a popular mountain pass.

On the way down the back side, I pass 3 separate bikers heading the other way.

One corner later I get a quick flash of headlights from 2 separate minivan Moms warning of a Sheriff lying in wait parked just ahead with full radar.

This the second time this year that cagers have looked out for me and the "Bikers" did nothing.

WTF? I really do not get this!

I could maybe understand one biker not seeing me in time,or a stuck up d-bag, but this seems to be hapenning around here more often.

I am the first one to tap my helmet to warn other riders of Leo's

I am completely perplexed
Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
BBB
Good Root
Squid
Squid

BBB is on a distinguished road
Happening in Australia too mate.

BBB
Old 02-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
those bastards
Old 02-17-2011, 06:21 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
I always tap my helmet! evasion of justice!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
Harley Bastards...;-)
Old 02-17-2011, 07:07 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
If we go on the assumption that they were Harley riders, their bikes can't go fast enough to warrant the LEOs attention.

If they were on Sportbikes, they may not know to tap their helmets.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
evidently some bikers may not view others as brothers like we would them. People continue to amaze me with their ability to achieve new lows in terms of their sociopathic ways.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Squid

alwayshonda is on a distinguished road
It would be nice to see some of the "seasoned" riders on here create a list of etiquette. I know of tapping the helmet and waving, but what about other things? Someone take the reigns and start an etiquette thread for the new and future riders.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:07 AM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Erik S.
If we go on the assumption that they were Harley riders, their bikes can't go fast enough to warrant the LEOs attention.

If they were on Sportbikes, they may not know to tap their helmets.
+1
I can't recall ever having a Harley or cruiser rider warn me of cops ahead, but I've gotten many warnings from sportbike riders, and some from cars or truckers.

On the other hand, if I see a cop I sometimes don't bother warning cruiser riders that are just putting along...what's the point? My wife and I went hiking in the mountains last Saturday, and we drove our Tacoma over our favorite canyon road to get there. There was a group of 3 Harley riders going 30 mph all the way down the backside where it's posted at 55. They were holding up 15 to 20 cars.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nath981
evidently some bikers may not view others as brothers like we would them. People continue to amaze me with their ability to achieve new lows in terms of their sociopathic ways.
Yep. Access to fast bikes and easy credit coupled with the widespread dumbing down of our populace through idiotic popular culture has brought some real mouth breathing, knuckle dragging morons to the world of motorcycling and especially into sport bikes, the riders of which, generally speaking, used to be a notch above the Harley variety. Not any more.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:39 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by alwayshonda
It would be nice to see some of the "seasoned" riders on here create a list of etiquette. I know of tapping the helmet and waving, but what about other things? Someone take the reigns and start an etiquette thread for the new and future riders.
how about the middle finger to start that list of etiquette. i use that quite a bit.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:49 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by killer5280
Yep. Access to fast bikes and easy credit coupled with the widespread dumbing down of our populace through idiotic popular culture has brought some real mouth breathing, knuckle dragging morons to the world of motorcycling and especially into sport bikes, the riders of which, generally speaking, used to be a notch above the Harley variety. Not any more.
+1 Don't despair. soon the novelty will wear off and they'll go back to their cages. Then a few years down the road there will be lots of cheap bikes with the middle of their tires worn off for real enthusiasts to scoff up.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Back Marker

Furrybiker is on a distinguished road
Well what chance do we stand now?

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/70-support-man-convicted-speed-trap-flash-warning/article-3226555-detail/article.html

If as they say these cameras are to promote slow/safe driving why are they worrying about a man doing their job? Oh I get it, its a scam to make money!
Old 02-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Squid

Gaggenau is on a distinguished road
Over here in the UK, the police are starting to crack down on road users who flash lights etc and warn other about speed cameras up ahead, were all screwed now, well in the UK anyway, but in the most bikers/cagers (presuamably bikers) warn other bikers so its not to bad.

EDIT, didnt see the post above oops lol

Last edited by Gaggenau; 02-18-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Furrybiker
Well what chance do we stand now?

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/70-support-man-convicted-speed-trap-flash-warning/article-3226555-detail/article.html

If as they say these cameras are to promote slow/safe driving why are they worrying about a man doing their job? Oh I get it, its a scam to make money!
Originally Posted by Gaggenau
Over here in the UK, the police are starting to crack down on road users who flash lights etc and warn other about speed cameras up ahead, were all screwed now, well in the UK anyway, but in the most bikers/cagers (presuamably bikers) warn other bikers so its not to bad.

EDIT, didnt see the post above oops lol
This is beyond stupid! I didn't think you could get much more stupid than the Swedish Police, but the UK branch just proved me wrong...
Old 02-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Squid

flyinbrian24 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by killer5280
Not so fast Killer, my buddy went to buy a 500 Ninja about a month ago.The local shop was offering 2000 over bluebook trade in. he would have had to finance about 2000. No body would touch him on a sport bike of any size.But they had no problem getting him financing on a 2011 883 sportster.Which proceeded to wad up today with 300 miles on it.

Last edited by flyinbrian24; 02-18-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:58 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by flyinbrian24
Not so fast Killer, my buddy went to buy a 500 Ninja about a month ago.The local shop was offering 2000 over bluebook trade in. he would have had to finance about 2000. No body would touch him on a sport bike of any size.But they had no problem getting him financing on a 2011 883 sportster.Which proceeded to wad up today with 300 miles on it.
That's a bad thing.........hopefully he's alright; and the good thing is he didn't ruin a good bike.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:22 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nath981
That's a bad thing.........hopefully he's alright; and the good thing is he didn't ruin a good bike.
+1 on him being alright, and about the second half...
Old 02-18-2011, 07:24 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
I got some new information, just yesterday from a reliable LEO source (NCHwyPatrol)
Seems that LEO, and Federal Forest Officers are going to start using portable speed cameras on US129, and the Blue Ridge Parkway.