Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Biker's revenge: What's the best way to retaliate on a cager?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:47 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
the spark plugs are a good idea, no one would see that coming. a story of my own, not carrying anything unfortunately, but I was driving down a back road neighborhood on my dr350 with my friend on his klx just going the speed limit ya know, and all of a sudden some jamoke passes us and while passing SPITS at us half hanging out the window. my friend, a little girl (figuratively), sees nothing of it but I am enraged.
I dug through my pockets and could only find some auto relays, weren't worth throwing. so I continued to wheelie past this person in the opposite late because my bike was much faster than their honda passport. once passed, at the end of the road was a stop sign, saw in my mirror they didn't look like they were going to stop, so I pulled over to the side near the end and parked behind a tree near a gas station.
I started unbuckling my helmet and as soon as I did a man in the passenger seat got out of the car (his wife or some lady driving) and started sprinting at me (still on my bike). I immediately got off and took my helmet completely off and when he stepped within 3 feet of me I cracked him over the face with my helmet as hard as I could and he was completely knocked out to the ground. his wife started screaming and started to get out of the car like she was going to do something after I just annihilated her hubby, and the entire gas station was standing outside flabbergasted.
my friend, just arriving to the scene because he drives like a little girl, again, sees what's happened and was just like "we should go" so i threw my helmet on and buzzed off and never heard anything of it.

my advice, use your head and never back down.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Squid

harlangto is on a distinguished road
in many states 'road rage' carries some heavy fines
I have personally sent pics from my cellphone to the CSP (state patrol) hotline for confrontations with 2 separate cagers and received notification that the violators would be contacted in person (they did say that license plate and photo of driver with digital date stamp) did greatly assist in the matter

of course kicking the living **** out of some ******* does feel better
Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Superstock

Jim TT
Harlangto:
I have had the police knock on my door as a result of someones complaint… so yes they do follow up.

As to kicking some guy’s *** I have been reading this thread and the other one about this subject and just think about my past and all the negatives that come from that approach. I had a good friend named John Tightman who was a guy you would NOT want to get into a fight with. In 1974 he and a Harley Rider got into a fight as a result of one of these kind of incidents and John was killed from multiple stab wounds. None of us could believe it, how could that happen; John was a tuff strong guy. The Harley rider had priors and got off easy (he did do time but not enough). I could tell a lot of stories but then it seems the burnt hand teaches best as I feel this advice is falling on deaf ears.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Squid

harlangto is on a distinguished road
Jim TT:
Agreed, open confrontation is not really an option, sorry to hear about your buddy
but in the heat of the moment we all would feel better "kicking the living **** out of some *******" that deserves it

kicking a door or breaking a mirror is probably considered destruction of property

I only entertained the thought of the camera phone because it hadn't been mentioned and IMO a viable solution to getting even with the idiot after the fact

so what really happens when Johnny Law shows up with a complaint against you
Old 08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Superstock

Jim TT
Harlangto:
When and if you are taken into the station for questioning, which I was, you do not say anything and you call your lawyer.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by harlangto
so what really happens when Johnny Law shows up with a complaint against you
Long, long time ago I had to apologize to the original offender as he was willing to press assault charges against me. He had witnesses in the car with him. I had no witnesses and no choice.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
when a guy comes at you with a weapon, the "use your head" part of "use your head and never back down. " should take over. back off and get out of there.

sometimes it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. the size of ones brain should trump all else.

when the rage comes over me and all i see is red, i snap and act without thinking, well, that's it! but if i saw a knife or a weapon brought out by someone who's obviously more competent than me and i could not compete with, i would back down. hasn't happened yet!

love the helmet over the head story!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:34 PM
SuperBike

in honor of this august 6th ac/dc visit to MY STREET, and fitting in this thread:

cause i'm TNT i'm dynamite
TNT i'll win the fight
TNT i'm a power load
TNT watch me explode!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Superstock

Jim TT
Finepooch - when my freind John was knifed he had the Harley rider on the ground when he pulled a kinife from a shin seethe and stabbed him.

Last edited by Jim TT; 08-05-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:02 PM
SuperBike

well, that is the ***** big time. i'm sad for you and your friend.

you're point is that you never what could happen. you're right about that.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Superstock

Jim TT
Finepooch; yes that is true what you say, you just don't know how events will go and they can change the way you look at things.

Last edited by Jim TT; 08-05-2009 at 07:08 PM.