General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Forks anyone? How 'bout Larry Pegram's superbike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 04:59 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Forks anyone? How 'bout Larry Pegram's superbike?

Ebay item #330144123935 Think I'll just whip out the credit card...
Old 07-08-2007, 07:22 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Better make sure to use the platinum card! Ouch.

Two things;

IMO sumofallparts.com SUCK big time. Bought a 520 chain kit and it took nearly a month to get. They are very slow on email, had hidden charges, excessive shipping rates ($20 and I'm only 100 miles away), shipment arrived missing items, and took two more weeks to get missing part. Finally, I got charged an additional $40 for the additional rivet link and tax on a $140 purchase!!!!

Did you see this months Motorcyclist article about the Scott Russell bike on ebay? An ignorant buyer purchased the champs former 750 superbike from Sony Pictures (wth?) and then advertised it on ebay as a used 600 "trac" (sic) bike. Because of the misspelling, there was very little bidding and it sold for $1950. The winner who knew what it was prepared to pay $5k. The bike still had all the go fast goodies on it including the original bodywork with #1 plates. Incredible story.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:02 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I, too, have heard really bad stuff about these guys. Like the cops sitting in their parking lot two or three days a week looking for stolen bikes being parted out.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
"We're parting out this entire bike"...!?!
Yeah, it's probably not worth much complete.
Oh, wait, maybe they can't sell it complete for some silly legal reason?
Just wondering.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:29 AM
MotoGP

You might be right. The frame is registered so it can be titled but perhaps not street legal and therefore must be salvaged. If it was bought from Sony there may be some proprietary value if the bike is still in one piece. It may have been part of the terms of the sale that it MUST be salvaged such that it couldn't even be a track bike.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
If it was bought from Sony there may be some proprietary value if the bike is still in one piece.
You got confused, I think. The ex-scott russell zx750 superbike I referred to came from sony. The article didn't explain how or why they came to have it. Bird o' prey is referring to the parting of the Pegram bike by SCUM of all parts.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:17 PM
MotoGP

Yeah, had to re-read that - you're right but the reason could still be the same. It might be one or more of the licensing agreements with sponsors/former owners.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
You can't even buy these tires folks. :-) Trust me, I've tried. 16.5" Michelins.
Why would someone WANT to buy the bike as a track bike (like they claim)? Since the tires are impossible to buy? After one track day...you'd have crapped out tires, and wouldn't be able to purchase replacements. You'd be forced to attempt to use 17"s or 16's... on your $100,000 (in theory) racebike? No thanks.

If they were serious about selling it, they should sell it to a collector who will garage it for the rest of it's life.