Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Interested in buying a gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Night Rider
Squid

Apocalypse is on a distinguished road
Interested in buying a gas tank

hey guys i got in a crash the other day and it scraped up my tank though it didnt punch a hole in it i think I will want to replace it though if anyone has some ideas to cover the damage i would be willing to try it out
Old 06-18-2014, 04:47 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
apocalypse i moved your thread to the classified section i thought youd get better traffic for finding a tank sorry about your off everything ok
Old 06-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Back Marker

rick is on a distinguished road
How much are you willing to spend? I have a project superhawk, that is kind off a wash fixing it up vs parting it out. If there is enough interest I can part it out, Since I already have a running hawk.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:54 AM
Night Rider
Squid

Originally Posted by rick
How much are you willing to spend? I have a project superhawk, that is kind off a wash fixing it up vs parting it out. If there is enough interest I can part it out, Since I already have a running hawk.
That depends on the shape of the tank and the color but i think with shipping the most i could spend on a stock tank is about 300 since im tight on cash at the moment.

Originally Posted by Wolverine
apocalypse i moved your thread to the classified section i thought youd get better traffic for finding a tank sorry about your off everything ok
Thanks Wolverine and im doing good i was wearing my gear and the bike didnt get to badly damaged though it doesnt seem to want to idle now but i think all in all if i just fix the bare minimum I'll be out about 260 bucks.

Last edited by Apocalypse; 06-26-2014 at 11:58 AM. Reason: to add a quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:25 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
in regards to your idleing issue, check the petcock on the underside of the tank. i had a minor lowside once that did no damage but it did wiggle the internals of the petcock and caused the bike to run. i thought for sure i had mucked something up but i just turned the petcock to full close then back to full open and all was well. worth a try at least
Old 06-26-2014, 12:30 PM
Night Rider
Squid

Originally Posted by jscobey
in regards to your idleing issue, check the petcock on the underside of the tank. i had a minor lowside once that did no damage but it did wiggle the internals of the petcock and caused the bike to run. i thought for sure i had mucked something up but i just turned the petcock to full close then back to full open and all was well. worth a try at least
Ok I'll give that a try when i start putting it back together if anything else comes to mind tell me I'd be more then willing to try it.

Thanks