Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:16 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header

Nice condition TBR exhaust header with Jet-Hot coating. Bought this used awhile back off here from another forum member. Since I'm all show and no go I personally prefer the look of polished instead. Scored another one of these and polished it so I've swapped them and I'm offering this back up to a lucky new owner. The header itself is in really nice shape. No dents or damage or anything. Please see the pics. The coating is still nice as well but not perfect. Most of it is still pretty shiny (not quite as shiny as polished-I took a pic for comparison) and a little Mothers shines it right up again. There are surface scratches in the coating here and there from installing and removing over the years. The rear header pipe is more dulled and "gray." There is some discoloration on the bottom of the x-pipe/crossover. Still looks real nice though. If I've put a hundred miles on it since I bought it it's alot (again I did buy it used). Again see the pics for condition. Also threw a few in for comparison vs. my polished header and vs. that nasty looking brown thing that's probably on your bike now
Selling for slightly less than what I paid, $325, plus whatever the shipping is from 33426 to you. Payment via paypal "family" please or please add the 3% fee. Fedex (or usps may be a few dollars cheaper), insured, with tracking... Outside the 48 contiguous U.S. states please PM me. Cheapest option there would be USPS. I'll opt for insurance and tracking IF it's offered to wherever you are, otherwise it's on you, so please either be ok with that or arrange your own pickup and it'll be waiting on my doorstep for the driver. Please bear in mind I just mailed a stock header and due to the shape of the header the box is rather large and therefore the shipping is a bit more expensive than say a pair of slip ons which can be disassembled... It is what it is. I make the box as small as I can and still pack it properly and have nothing else to do with how much Fedex or the post office charge.
Answers to some questions... No I've not dynoed. It. Unlike say the full Indigo system I sold on here awhile back (which is a larger diameter pipe) this looks to be the same diameter pipe as stock. I could be wrong but I wouldn't expect much in the way of gains by itself. Yes it has the same exit locations as the stock header so any slip ons (including the stock mufflers) will fit up just like they do to the stock header. Otherwise it's 2 bolts for the chin cowl, one bolt to loosen the rest of the stock header from the stock rear downpipe (one spring for the TBR header), and two nuts each where it meets the cylinder head. A little PB Blaster (along with a little patience and the correct tools for the rear header) and it's a snap. It's recommended to change the crush gaskets (18291-MM8-880, < $5 each from Ronayers.com, and I think I saw them $8 shipped for the pair on fleabay) where these meet the cylinder head. I'm lazy and cheap though and never have and I've personally never had a leak...
That's all I can think of for now. PM me any other questions and thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header-1.jpg   FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header-2.jpg   FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header-3.jpg   FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header-4.jpg   FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header-5.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 04-05-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:23 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

more pics...
Attached Thumbnails FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header-6.jpg   FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header-7.jpg   FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header-8.jpg   FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header-9.jpg   FS: Jet-Hot coated Two Brothers Racing exhaust header-10.jpg  

Old 04-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
PM'd
Old 04-05-2015, 09:36 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Nice set-up for someone.... GLWS
Old 04-05-2015, 09:44 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by VTR1000F
PM'd
PM replied. Sale pending. Heading out for family dinner, have a great Sunday/Easter everyone, thanks.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Back Marker

UCF Eric is on a distinguished road
If it falls through, let me know.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

It won't.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Steve, you're going to love that header!
Old 04-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

I will.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Back Marker

UCF Eric is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTR1000F
It won't.
Let me hope