Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

voltage regulator science project

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Back Marker

lukenukem47 is on a distinguished road
voltage regulator science project

Under the seat of the bike I just bought is a collage students attempt of creating a voltage regulator. It looks like it's something from the movie back to the future. The previous owner told me that "the voltage regular has an adjustable output and is currently set up to be easier on the battery than the stock regulator on long rides". I will have to post pictures of the thing. FYI, I will be parting out this bike sometime towards the end of the month of May. Anyone that wants the voltage regulator can have it Just pay the shipping.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by lukenukem47
Under the seat of the bike I just bought is a collage students attempt of creating a voltage regulator. It looks like it's something from the movie back to the future. The previous owner told me that "the voltage regular has an adjustable output and is currently set up to be easier on the battery than the stock regulator on long rides". I will have to post pictures of the thing. FYI, I will be parting out this bike sometime towards the end of the month of May. Anyone that wants the voltage regulator can have it Just pay the shipping.
Does it have Flux Gate Capacitors?

Last edited by CrankenFine; 04-22-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: trying to be funny without being snarky.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:42 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Upload some pics!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Back Marker

ninjagoalie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lukenukem47
I think you should send the VR to Professor Tweety so he can tell you whether it really works correctly or not
Old 04-22-2011, 07:27 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
This thread stinks w/o pics. Just lousy story telling. POST A PIC
Old 04-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Back Marker

lukenukem47 is on a distinguished road
It extracted

Pics tomorrow sometime.., as for putting in my bike I will say... No. It's a monster and who knows if it truly works. It's twice as big as the latest CPU in the newest computers and looks like a cave mans attemp to make a bomb. It even has steel braded covered wires. Well I'm done teasing you guys I will have pics and in them, will be a scale so you can see the size of it.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
I am just curios if it is one of the rare "Circuit Burner" ones. Those are pricey and lifetime warrantied.

Regulator Rectifiers

(too bad he has disappeared, he was a good - helpful member here for a long time, last I heard about him was from a dissatisfied customer)
Old 04-24-2011, 12:18 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Still no pics? Dont make me complain again....