SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   voltage regulator science project (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/voltage-regulator-science-project-25309/)

lukenukem47 04-22-2011 08:34 AM

voltage regulator science project

Under the seat of the bike I just bought is a collage students attempt of creating a voltage regulator. It looks like it's something from the movie back to the future. The previous owner told me that "the voltage regular has an adjustable output and is currently set up to be easier on the battery than the stock regulator on long rides". I will have to post pictures of the thing. FYI, I will be parting out this bike sometime towards the end of the month of May. Anyone that wants the voltage regulator can have it Just pay the shipping.

CrankenFine 04-22-2011 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by lukenukem47 (Post 299949)
Under the seat of the bike I just bought is a collage students attempt of creating a voltage regulator. It looks like it's something from the movie back to the future. The previous owner told me that "the voltage regular has an adjustable output and is currently set up to be easier on the battery than the stock regulator on long rides". I will have to post pictures of the thing. FYI, I will be parting out this bike sometime towards the end of the month of May. Anyone that wants the voltage regulator can have it Just pay the shipping.

Does it have Flux Gate Capacitors?

lazn 04-22-2011 01:42 PM

Upload some pics!

ninjagoalie 04-22-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by lukenukem47 (Post 299949)

I think you should send the VR to Professor Tweety so he can tell you whether it really works correctly or not :D

smokinjoe73 04-22-2011 07:27 PM

This thread stinks w/o pics. Just lousy story telling. POST A PIC

lukenukem47 04-23-2011 10:07 PM

It extracted

Pics tomorrow sometime.., as for putting in my bike I will say... No. It's a monster and who knows if it truly works. It's twice as big as the latest CPU in the newest computers and looks like a cave mans attemp to make a bomb. It even has steel braded covered wires. Well I'm done teasing you guys I will have pics and in them, will be a scale so you can see the size of it.

lazn 04-24-2011 08:24 AM

I am just curios if it is one of the rare "Circuit Burner" ones. Those are pricey and lifetime warrantied.

Regulator Rectifiers

(too bad he has disappeared, he was a good - helpful member here for a long time, last I heard about him was from a dissatisfied customer)

smokinjoe73 04-24-2011 12:18 PM

Still no pics? Dont make me complain again....