Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

VFR Bars installed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Back Marker

StoneJrW is on a distinguished road
VFR Bars installed.

Waaaaaaaaaay easy. Hadnt rode her yet with the new bars but it allready feels better. I bought Russle SS lines and they are plenty long but I just dont think they are on right. Im going to have to drain the lines and start all over. I have to find a better way to route them. I wonder if I put them on upside down. I put the shorter line on the right but they hit/rub everything ALOT when I turn the wheel side to side. Will I need to get new crush washers?
Old 04-20-2008, 03:51 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
If the washers look in good shape you will probably be alright but if they are gouged, scored or otherwise don't look like they would seal properly I would start out with new.

Originally Posted by StoneJrW
Waaaaaaaaaay easy. Hadnt rode her yet with the new bars but it allready feels better. I bought Russle SS lines and they are plenty long but I just dont think they are on right. Im going to have to drain the lines and start all over. I have to find a better way to route them. I wonder if I put them on upside down. I put the shorter line on the right but they hit/rub everything ALOT when I turn the wheel side to side. Will I need to get new crush washers?