Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Back Marker

bmidd is on a distinguished road
I haven't run a 190 on a Hawk, but I frequently rode 190/60's on my FZ1 and R1. Medium compound Dunlop GPA 211's take offs. I can feel the difference in a 180/55 and a 190/50 with no problem, the 180 gets on the edge quicker for me than a 50 series does. I will just run 180/55 on the Hawk .
Old 11-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Squid

SpeedieGTI is on a distinguished road
Shinko mo fos! Say what you will, the Ravens are fantastic, wear well, grip well, etc, etc, etc.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Squid

bird-rider is on a distinguished road
I have heard and read a lot of good reviews about the Q3, but at the moment I'm using a PR3 that I have to replace soon. Here are some specs about bought tires snatched from 4wheelonline site. I think the Q3 has a newer technology, better performance and looks awesome. The only question would be the thread life.

Dunlop Q3

Meet the all-new Dunlop Sportmax Q3, the next-generation sport tire featuring Dunlop’s new Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT).

Dunlop’s Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT) uses carbon fiber reinforcement in the tire sidewalls for exceptional cornering performance and feel.

Aggressive new Q3 tread pattern uses fewer grooves that are longer in length to enhance wet-weather performance.

Intuitive Response Profile™ (IRP) technology in the rear tire allows greater latitude in line choice while cornering, plus amazingly linear steering.

MT Multi-Tread™ technology in the rear tire uses a tough, long-wearing compound in the center of the tread for excellent traction and longer tread life, plus special lateral grip compounds for outstanding grip.

New Q3 tire compounds were derived from road-race compounds to yield maximum sportbike performance.

The Dunlop Sportmax Q3 offers superb grip, stability, steering feel and longevity on the street and on the track.

Designed, tested and manufactured in America, the Sportmax Q3 sets new standards for high-performance sport tires.

Michelin PR3

These tires surpass the Pilot 2 tires. They have an extra strong grip on the wet ground thanks to the Michelin X Sipe technology. With exceptional durability, the Pilot 3 has an unbeatable tread life that remains deep. They have full depth Michelin XST sipes.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Squid

szwillys is on a distinguished road
I just finished 10,000 miles riding to Alaska and back on Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II tires. My riding partner had the same tires mounted on his VFR800. We hit rain, sleet, snow without any problems. As you can see from the pic, the ALCAN is mostly straight or sweeping turns.
Attached Thumbnails Tires?-rear-tire.jpg