Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

stops at light

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:25 AM
dave
Squid

yellowstorm is on a distinguished road
stops at light

is it the norm for the vtrs to pop & stop at lights when the tank has about 2 to 3 liters left in it check the hoses under the tank all seems to be right but when you come to a stop it will idle for a short time pop then cut out , when the tank is full to 1/4 runs well but that last bit of fuel even on a flat road it will just pop fart then stop . any id
Old 09-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
Does it restart? I've never had that problem with mine, but it does like to load up and shut down during a cold idle. Idle speed around 1100-1200 warmed up?

And does it do it during a harder stop or a light cruising stop? I hear these bikes like to cut-out during hard stops, there's a modification you can do to fix that problem...Greg's got it on his page IIRC.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

falcondrvr is on a distinguished road
my bike doesn't stall when just sitting at a light but it will backfire through the carbs and cut out for like a half-second after pulling away from a stop after a harn stop... especially on a hot day. I think my bike runs a tad rich ya know? This kind of stuff is pretty common with the hawk. it seems that what's happening is that the front float bowl floods a little under heavy braking.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/ghlbo/index.html
Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Carb sync and adjust mixure screws. Sounds like a lean idle and maybe a combination of being out of sync.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:28 AM
dave
Squid

yellowstorm is on a distinguished road
I just pull up to a slow stop it will sit there at idle 1100+ or - then back fire & stop sync carb adjust idle & mixture it will sit at idle at home no probs go for a good ride near 200km so you are on the last 3 liters of fuel come to a slow stop 1 min later or less bang it stop will re start no prob just spits it dummy & stops.it may not like to go home yet but arrrrss is killing me by then so I am ready to go home