Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

seat fitment issues

Old 05-12-2012, 05:40 AM
Squid

chiknhauk is on a distinguished road
seat fitment issues

bought my hawk last fall.first one i've owned.after awhile noticed the seat doesn't sit down flat onto tail peice,leaving a big gap can put ur fingers into.came with rear seat cowl,so was thinkn maybe metal under-seat hooks different than stock,leaving room for cowl mounting.is there different height hooks for cowl vs. stock i need to get?really bugging me,as i see pics on here of seats mtd as they should be.appreciate any n all help.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:09 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
I have endured the same issue as you for a few years now and, as Fate would have it, decided to once again have a look last evening. What I found was the that the latch mechanism, whihc is mounted under a steel plate welded to a rod that crosses between the side beams, was bent up. I pressed it down and now the seat sits lower and th horrible looking gap at the back is almost gone. I still have a minor gap but perhaps the Sargent seat is to blame for that......

Have a look, perhaps it will be your problem as well.....
Old 05-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Squid

chiknhauk is on a distinguished road
thanks for info.will look it over today n see.