Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

RegulatorRectifier AGAIN?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 07:49 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
RegulatorRectifier AGAIN?!?!

So I guess a few years have gone by since my stock 98 RR died on me. I replaced it with an aftermarket unit but it wasnt mofset. (this fiasco predated tweetys writings on the subject).

So today, while minding my own business, the main fuse blew. So I replaced it but shortly (5min) it blew again. The good Lord saw to it to let me break down in front of a gas station selling fuses so that part was good.

Fortunately I installed a volt meter after the last time. While riding it read 11ish volts, which I didnt like much.

I just spent some quality time ripping the mofset HUGE R1 unit out of my other vtr to put in my daily bike.

QUESTION....where is a good place to get an RR at a decent price? My R1 unit came off ebay but where else?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:13 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
I seem to remember asking Eastern Beaver about this, and he had R/R's in stock he could sell with a kit...

R/R Connectors

James
Old 08-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thedeatons
I seem to remember asking Eastern Beaver about this, and he had R/R's in stock he could sell with a kit...

R/R Connectors

James
Would not hurt to send him an email and ask,, but there is nothing on his site about selling the R/R itself, nor have I ever heard of anyone buying from him.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
So I guess a few years have gone by since my stock 98 RR died on me. I replaced it with an aftermarket unit but it wasnt mofset. (this fiasco predated tweetys writings on the subject).

So today, while minding my own business, the main fuse blew. So I replaced it but shortly (5min) it blew again. The good Lord saw to it to let me break down in front of a gas station selling fuses so that part was good.

Fortunately I installed a volt meter after the last time. While riding it read 11ish volts, which I didnt like much.

I just spent some quality time ripping the mofset HUGE R1 unit out of my other vtr to put in my daily bike.

QUESTION....where is a good place to get an RR at a decent price? My R1 unit came off ebay but where else?
Well Ebay would be my choice, or craigslist on a part out, local part out from a motorcycle forum member..
But barring that.
This place claims to have NEW FH020AA MOFSEt R/Rs and kits
Shindengen FH020AA Mosfet Regulator/Rectifier

And the kit price is not bad at all for a one stop shopping deal. Order and at your door in a few days.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Back Marker

MOONSTER is on a distinguished road
Just my 2 cts. Purchased my replacement thru Beaver almost a yr. ago. No problems since. Have not heard it mentioned much, but make sure & checked the connector under the seat (cluster) where the stator wires connect. Mine had gotten very hot with the OEM unit. Replaced all.
Attached Thumbnails RegulatorRectifier AGAIN?!?!-albums-112.jpg   RegulatorRectifier AGAIN?!?!-albums-119.jpg  
Old 08-25-2013, 10:15 AM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
I got mine on ebay works great it was a kit that someone talked about on the sight Im on my way to my dads right now or I would look for it. but it came with the R/R and the wiring I thought it was a good kit and worked great for me no problems yet but have not been riding my bike as a illness has kept me off of it for two years just starting to ride it again. fixing a few things first.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:20 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Ugg. Yeah but moonster, how much did you pay with the beaver?
Old 08-25-2013, 06:58 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
Sorry guys, this is the one I was thinking of (already mentioned above): Shindengen FH020AA Mosfet Regulator/Rectifier

Looks to be a great price on a new R1 R/R, plus the harness.

James
Old 08-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Squid

Salieb76 is on a distinguished road
James, that's the one I recently purchased and installed with no problems. Great kit and has everything you need. Been running great since.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Superstock

FTL900 is on a distinguished road
I have that same one bookmarked for purchase for my VTR.