Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

is it possible.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Squid

blackboyonhawk is on a distinguished road
is it possible.....

is it possible to adjust the clutch on a sh?my friend has a 600rr and his clutch was slipping somewhat he took it to the dealer they pulled off the right fairing and adjusted something on his clutch and problem solved. is this possible on a sh???????
Old 07-25-2006, 05:43 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
The RR has a cable actuated clutch while the superhawk has a hydraulic clutch. Cable clutches need periodic adjustment while hydraulic systems such as clutches and disc brakes don't. If you have clutch issues, adjustment isn't the problem.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Squid

blackboyonhawk is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

tell me your opinion.... the bike wont wheelie no matter what rpms your at when you drop the clutch in second. this is fustrating the hell out of me.i once waited till i was at 4k rpms pulled the clutch in and gave gas to redline then dropped the clutch fast and all the bike did was jerk a lil.someones expertise or experience with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:31 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Sorry, I have never wheelied my bike in second gear. I have no need to. I'll occasionally "goose" it up with throttle in first. I have a 15t front (-1) sprocket.

On a safe stretch of straight road while in sixth gear, give it full throttle and see if pulls hard and linearly. If the rpm continues to climb but the speedo stops or slows drastically, your clutch is slipping.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:50 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
You could also try loading it up in first gear while stopped, with the front brake on. If it starts to slip you should notice pretty easily.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
No offense, but find some twisties and learn to ride the bike the way it was meant to ride. You wanna wheelie, you bought the wrong bike. Yeah, it WILL wheelie but it's better at back roads than most anything else. Personally, I think there's something wrong with your bike. Have it looked at. Put it on a dyno. If you're not making at least 100hp and 67ft-lb torque then there is something wrong. If the numbers are good then it's your technique. Either way, you'll impress your friends more when you leave them behind in the curves than when you do a 100ft standup.

Bottom line: Buy some leathers, do a track day, and learn how to ride before you loop it. Sorry, but I'm just honest that way.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

penst8grad
+1 for what hawkrider said.

Have you checked the last "I can't wheelie" thread you started? Nearly everyone has told you that your clutch is bad.