out of curiousity

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Back Marker

Ohio Hawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Originally Posted by nath981
ha, and you sir still don't own a "Superhawk"
LOL... You have it wrong... I Don't own a "Superhawk" anymore... it was a great bike...
Attached Thumbnails out of curiousity-dsc00832.jpg  

Last edited by Ohio Hawk; 02-16-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ohio Hawk
LOL... You have it wrong... I Don't own a "Superhawk" anymore... it was a great bike...
yeah, I deduced that from your signature listing. just bein a smartass
Old 02-23-2010, 03:35 AM
Squid

michalswarm is on a distinguished road
From what I have read, the Superhawk name was given to bikes destined for the US and in the rest of the world it was called a FireStorm. I for one have a Firestorm. As far as I know they are identical just different decals. The last year or two or production, we started to get Superhawks in Canada. Perhaps someone else can confirm this!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:42 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by michalswarm
From what I have read, the Superhawk name was given to bikes destined for the US and in the rest of the world it was called a FireStorm. I for one have a Firestorm. As far as I know they are identical just different decals. The last year or two or production, we started to get Superhawks in Canada. Perhaps someone else can confirm this!
that would seem unusual and unlikely for a company like Honda, but I can't verify.

welcome aboard. Show us your storm.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Squid

OldGuy is on a distinguished road
In addition to the U.S., Canada never got the larger 19 litre fuel tank on our FireStorms/Superhawks. I believe it is because, for both these countries, the bike would have had to go through all the D.O.T. and/or Federal compliance testing all over again because of the fuel tank change and American Honda and Honda Canada were not prepared to spend the very large costs associated with the required testing.

On a sidenote, here in Canada, when the 2001 version came out, "in lieu" of the larger 19 litre fuel tank offered overseas, Honda Canada offered new VTR buyers a........wait for it......wrist watch......maybe so the owner could "time" when he needed to refuel?, lol.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:39 AM
Squid

OldGuy is on a distinguished road
All of the above is correct. To save costs, Honda Canada just brought in the exact U.S.-spec. Superhawk for the last few years of it's model life in Canada.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Back Marker

JDRiderCoach is on a distinguished road
I first heard the term Super Bike back in the late 70s. Used to watch it on ABC's Wide World of Sports. Those things looked more like what we'd call a standard these days, like the ZRX1200. Eddie Lawson, Freddie Spencer, etc. So today's definition is just what the term evolved into. Wasn't too long ago that Ducati 998s and RC51s were the top "Super Bikes" in the world. Now maybe an R1 or that new beemer is called a SuperBike. So ours was probably loosely in that class at some point, plus it has the word SUPER in it's name and it's a bike, so there ya go.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Superstock

hondavtr1000sp2 is on a distinguished road
I have a 2002 firestorm in Australia & it has the HISS security ( transponder key ) , some one on hear said the U.S superhawks dont. Also some one from New Zealand claimed they do not have the PAIR fitted to there bikes.