Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Crashed out: Part out or street fighter??

Old 07-24-2009, 03:50 PM
AJK
Squid

AJK is on a distinguished road
Crashed out: Part out or street fighter??

Being at the wrong place at the wrong time unfortunately brings me to this forum looking for some help. Wondering if i should part out the bike, sell it as it is or take the time to play around with it and turn it into a fighter. Would love to turn it into a fighter but have no idea where to start with a custom short rear seat and the radiator issues.

The forks dont appear to be bent but im not an expert so its hard to tell, engines in good shape, New Michelin street pilot 2ct tire on the back with 150 km on it. Exhausts dont have a single scratch on them.

If you were in my shoes what would you do? and if anyone needs anything, offer me a price and we'll go from there ! any feedback on this would be appreciated, thanks !
Attached Thumbnails Crashed out: Part out or street fighter??-img_0207.jpg   Crashed out: Part out or street fighter??-img_0208.jpg  
Old 07-24-2009, 03:55 PM
ff
Banned
Back Marker

ff is an unknown quantity at this point
streetfighter!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Back Marker

Red_Liner740 is on a distinguished road
your damage looks mostly cosmetic

i cant tell but the rear subframe looks straight, in that case you just need to find a rear fairing...front, rip the fairings off, use a speedo meant for bicycles, a smaller aftermarket tach, rip out the LED for the low fuel light, install it next to the tach and you're good to go...

tons of possibilities, i put an aftermarket fairing on mine but i still wanna do a street fighter sometimes.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:10 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Give it to me and I'll fix it.

Or do it yourself. There's plenty of parts on Ebay for these. You just have to be patient. Check the R1 tail section mods. Not sure what exactly is required for that mod, but I don't believe its terribly difficult and you've got the perfect candidate.

Whatever you do, don't let her sit.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
fighter it will be cheaper, but it wouldn't cost too much if you are patient looking for body work. After my crash I left it naked for a while until I could afford new bodywork so I gues you could do both .
Old 07-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Superstock

maverick is on a distinguished road
Fighter!
Old 07-24-2009, 10:47 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Fighters are cool. Just don't put much into it because streetfighters arent worth **** if you ever want to sell it. It it were ME since you asked I'd fix it back the way it was. But like Hotbrakes said whatever you do don't let it sit.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Back Marker

Liquidogged is on a distinguished road
Yeah, most important thing is to run it every now and then. Sitting is the worst thing an internal combustion engine can experience, really. I say set her up as a fighter till you can source bodywork on the cheap. You might actually like the naked look. Don't worry so much about custom subframes and all that stuff. Take this time to get really familiar with your bike and what you really like about riding. Just get her back on the road with headlights, mirror and gauges, and see what pops up in your mind.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Back Marker

Tom Blum is on a distinguished road
streetfighter, of course!!

Superbike bar conversion (documented on this site)
Aerostitch is currently selling a moto specific speedometer with turn signal indicators etc for $99 Other units with tach for under $200 are available.

Tom
Old 07-25-2009, 07:21 AM
AJK
Squid

AJK is on a distinguished road
Hey fellas, thanks for the great and quick responses all around ! Id love to sell it like it is for a 1000 bucks, but with the motor having close to a beautiful 94,000 KMS, i doubt ill ever get rid of it so that leaves me with waiting on a rear fairing and fighter it up with some headlights and gauges,
Ive seen some on ebay but they still require custom brackets for the headlights, anyone know of a place that sells the headlights with the brackets that could fit right on the forks?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Trouble Makers Union 510
Squid

Roundboy is on a distinguished road
i'm in a similar boat...i'm putting mine back together..

i've had streetfighter hurricanes and F2s and i don't miss the wind all up in my grill...
Old 07-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Squid

Chester3000 is on a distinguished road
How much for the engine?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:41 AM
COBB Member
Superstock

stebbdt is on a distinguished road
I'd fix it, check here http://www.sharkskinz.com/shopdispla...23&cat=VTR1000 for replacement body parts and put out on the forum what you need. If however you decide to partout, how's the tank? any damage? Those cans look sweet too.

Last edited by stebbdt; 07-26-2009 at 05:44 AM.