Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Nitrous..... Your thoughts please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Squid

AJG101 is on a distinguished road
Nitrous..... Your thoughts please.

Hi guys. I've just ordered my manual CCT's and a Dynojet kit for my bike. I've also had a kevlar reinforced clutch installed and my mechanic has said that the motor is "tip-top" after the re-build. I've had new filters and an active-8 treatment for the bike and now I'm wondering where to go next. I've seen that NOS do a V-Twin kit for a HD and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of working with nitrous? Seems like an easy install but I'm wondering about possible pit falls and bonuses. The literature says gains of 30-40% across the range but will the VTR motor take it?????????
Old 08-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Most likely not, definitely not in the long run... Read up on other threads about increasing power and you'll find that it has a few weak points once you hit 130+ bhp something and high rpm's...
Old 08-22-2009, 05:49 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
There was a guy running nitrous on the forum a while ago, I haven't seen him in a while, a yellow VTR I think, that would be nice to talk to him before doing this, to know how much he ran and how well it went.
You'll need a fuel pump and make damn sure that you ain't running lean, or instant destruction, make a nitrousless pass before to make sure the fuel enrichment works before sending nitrous there, check plugs every pass, swap for colder plugs, use a main, throttle and rpm switch to avoid low RPM/load/unwanted activation, google nitrous explosion and video.
I'm beating hell of a turbo VTR for now, I'll report as soon as something give way to avoid someone breaking stuff, but it's running strong for now, running 7.5 psi on 91 octane