Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

A brake ? Your thoughts.

Old 12-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Back Marker

supertwinSH is an unknown quantity at this point
A brake ? Your thoughts.

To give some back ground on this ? I have been looking at improving my front brakes. I recently bought 954 calipers off Ebay (good price too) but they are gold and I like the black look I have now. So I sold those to my brother-n-law (his hawk has gold ones and he plans an upgrade in the future). I now have some F4i (black) calipers and I was thinking of mating that with a 900RR master cylinder (19mm piston and uses the same lever). What do you think? Will it give me less lever travel than I have now? Oh, I almost forgot...I also have EBC HH pads in the calipers too!

Thanks for the help!

B
Old 12-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Sprung
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I have the 929/954/RC51 master with stock calipers, braided lines and EBC HHs and love it. I like a firm lever, even though it does require a tad more effort. Still great power though since adding the pads. I've never thought much about upgrading the calipers though many have had great success with it.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
I have stock (black) calipers on my '03, using EBC HH pads ond Galfer braided lines. Also using the stock master cylinder. They are hell-strong and have great feel as well. I can't imagine needing more braking performance for street riding. Comparable to my 954 w/ braided lines in the canyons. That's saying alot.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Back Marker

supertwinSH is an unknown quantity at this point
Thankyou for your info...I still think....(now that I have these calipers) I am going to try this set up and see how it works. I will post the results after some tests. thanks again.

B