Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

New member and bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
prepare for drama. I had hindle highmounts that were supposed to fit a RC51. sometimes rc51's are are called vtr1000 sp-1 or sp-2. unfortunately, this causes confusion when the rider goes to order these pipes, either they mix the bikes up, or the seller mixed it up. but odds are you got the same snafu that I did. the way you will know for sure is if you can't get the cans to sit evenly below the tail. one will be slightly lower and further out. and there will be nothing you can do about it. I resorted to car exhaust clamps after breaking both of my stock ones. try to seal up the gaps with high temp sealant, and be prepared to adjust frequently. on the upside, even tho the pipes aren't made for the hawk, they still sound sweet. and no internals to repack.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Squid

Iron Crotch is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swordfish
prepare for drama. I had hindle highmounts that were supposed to fit a RC51. sometimes rc51's are are called vtr1000 sp-1 or sp-2. unfortunately, this causes confusion when the rider goes to order these pipes, either they mix the bikes up, or the seller mixed it up. but odds are you got the same snafu that I did. the way you will know for sure is if you can't get the cans to sit evenly below the tail. one will be slightly lower and further out. and there will be nothing you can do about it. I resorted to car exhaust clamps after breaking both of my stock ones. try to seal up the gaps with high temp sealant, and be prepared to adjust frequently. on the upside, even tho the pipes aren't made for the hawk, they still sound sweet. and no internals to repack.
I actually put some sealant and car clamps also. Looks alright and sounds really mean, Loving it! Have gotten nothing but positive comments from friends. Major improvement over stock, they weight about half of what the stock units weight.