Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Jetting at altitude

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Superstock

Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Jetting at altitude

Anybody living at a couple thousand feet who could enlighten me on their jetting setup? I'm moving from the DC area (Sea Level) to Ft Huachuca, AZ (~4500'). I know I'll need to go leaner on the mains since I fattened them up when I drilled all the baffles in the exhaust. I'm thinking 185/185 is a good place to start, but should I go leaner than that? Any suggestions?

Sidenote: Luckily, since my wife's V-star is still running stock (read: lean) jets, I won't have to worry about that one at all...
Old 03-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
180f/182r would be a good place to start, but you don't mention the mods you have.

PS Time to update your profile.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:58 AM
Superstock

Glad to update... No longer here in DC?? Hell yeah! That and my age being a bit off...

As for mods, I've got manual CCTs, -1/+0 on the sprockets, a self-drilled set of stock mains, stock needles shimmed 2mm, Bafflectomy + drilled inner baffles 2 and 3, and removed airbox snorkel. I'll check on the thread about running even sized mains again (I didn't follow it past the first couple posts), because I'm not sure I 'need' to run the slightly richer rear. Really a non-starter though, since it's the same operation to change them both out anyway...
Old 05-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Superstock

Thanks for the suggestion Greg. I went with 178/180, since they couldn't find a 182 in the Honda catalog (they had a 185). Still a taaaad rich at WOT, but only in 5th or 6th gear at high revs, so I'm thinking I'll leave well enough alone. I may come another half turn out on the fuel screws, but the WOT should be fine when I head down the thousand feet or so to Arroyo Seco in Deming NM, so I'll leave the mains alone.