Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

How to change rear tire?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 06:53 PM
Squid

Tree Fox is on a distinguished road
How to change rear tire?

Hey everyone.

my dad was working on his ‘98 superhawk. He has the rear tire off and the sprocket is off the tire. He passed away last Tuesday.

im not mechanically savvy, and I need to get the bike somewhere that I can keep it safe.

I need to know how to reassemble it. The axle rod is out, the rear sprocket is disconnected from the rim of the tire, and there’s these black triangle things that are sitting out.

I’ve looked for videos on how to do it, but couldn’t find any. If someone can give me “an idiots guide” to this, I’d really appreciate it.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:51 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Good day
If you look at the wheel you will see cavities that the black rubber cushions fit into,the sprocket carrier has "teeth" that fit in to th wheel between the rubber cushions.
There is a spacer that "should" be in the sprocket carrier, but may have been taken out, so find and insure it gets put back.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:10 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about your dad. Where are you located? Maybe a local forum member can help you out (I would if you were near me). It's not hard but it's obviously hard if you don't know what to do and kind of hard to explain to someone "not mechanically savvy" over the internet.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:40 PM
Superstock

YMRacing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Sorry to hear about your dad. Where are you located? Maybe a local forum member can help you out (I would if you were near me). It's not hard but it's obviously hard if you don't know what to do and kind of hard to explain to someone "not mechanically savvy" over the internet.
Indeed captainchaos! If you just need to move the bike , just by pushing it, put the axle through the hub and the chain. Put the nut on the end of the axle.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:01 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear of your dad.
Let us know where you are. If it's within range, I'd more than gladly help out.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:29 PM
Squid

Tree Fox is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Sorry to hear of your dad.
Let us know where you are. If it's within range, I'd more than gladly help out.
thank you for the offers. My dads friend came out and helped me out. I really appreciate you all for the help!