Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Help with factory pro jet kit

Old 08-04-2018, 12:43 PM
  #1  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Ontario
Posts: 37
PoorMansDucati is on a distinguished road
Help with factory pro jet kit(SOLVED)

Hey guys. I got a factory pro jet kit, the #1.7 RK-RaceKit, to be exact.

The instructions dictate I drill the main air jets.

I just need to be sure I get this right, so I need a pic of exactly what to do. To complicate things, I also have a flo-commander. I know to drill the front and back to the different, supplied sizes, but I need specifics.

Really appreciate the help guys!!

Last edited by PoorMansDucati; 08-04-2018 at 09:37 PM.
PoorMansDucati is offline  
Old 08-04-2018, 07:59 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
mikstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,560
mikstr is on a distinguished road
you either have to choose between the FP kit or the Flo-Commander, or do like I did and get some custom adapters made that allow you to mate the threaded section from the jet (which FP has you screw into the hole you drill and tap) with the upper portion capable of accommodating the F-C lines.
mikstr is offline  
Old 08-04-2018, 09:36 PM
  #3  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Ontario
Posts: 37
PoorMansDucati is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
you either have to choose between the FP kit or the Flo-Commander, or do like I did and get some custom adapters made that allow you to mate the threaded section from the jet (which FP has you screw into the hole you drill and tap) with the upper portion capable of accommodating the F-C lines.
I'm not sure what hole I have to drill and tap? Is it beneath the fitting Flo commander has you press fit in then? The drill bits in the kit are so tiny, I didn't see a tap in the kit either.

Last edited by PoorMansDucati; 08-04-2018 at 09:41 PM.
PoorMansDucati is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 04:37 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
mikstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,560
mikstr is on a distinguished road
The work on mine was done directly by FP when they installed the HDJ needle jets. In thinking about it further, the small drill bits are meant to enlarge the hole in the main air jets (yes, the one you put the F-C fitting on). So, disregard my prior message and drill away!
mikstr is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 08:30 AM
  #5  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Ontario
Posts: 37
PoorMansDucati is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
The work on mine was done directly by FP when they installed the HDJ needle jets. In thinking about it further, the small drill bits are meant to enlarge the hole in the main air jets (yes, the one you put the F-C fitting on). So, disregard my prior message and drill away!
The holes on the FC fitting are so large though!

Marc told me he put on his site "carb machining required" to scare people away so they don't drill into the main carb body on their carbs. Lol!

Is it for the holes in the emulsion tubes perhaps?

Last edited by PoorMansDucati; 08-05-2018 at 08:32 AM.
PoorMansDucati is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 11:18 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
mikstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,560
mikstr is on a distinguished road
the place you installed the F-C fittings is the main air jet. I believe the hole in them stock is 1 mm in diameter. IIRC, FP wants you to increase one to 1.1 mm and the other to 1.4mm (110 and 140 jet sizes), hence them supplying the two drills bits in the kit. Emulsion tubes have nothing to do with it.
mikstr is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 11:31 AM
  #7  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Ontario
Posts: 37
PoorMansDucati is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
the place you installed the F-C fittings is the main air jet. I believe the hole in them stock is 1 mm in diameter. IIRC, FP wants you to increase one to 1.1 mm and the other to 1.4mm (110 and 140 jet sizes), hence them supplying the two drills bits in the kit. Emulsion tubes have nothing to do with it.
what is your needle clip positions?
PoorMansDucati is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 01:37 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
mikstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,560
mikstr is on a distinguished road
I am using HRC needles, on top of a plethora of other changes, both to the airbox and engine.
mikstr is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 04:01 PM
  #9  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Ontario
Posts: 37
PoorMansDucati is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
I am using HRC needles, on top of a plethora of other changes, both to the airbox and engine.
Lol! I know about a majority of your changes. You're a legend(a term I do not throw around) on the forum. I've been scouring this site daily for a number of years. I should have known better than to use your bike as a ballpark setting....because it's out if the park! Lol!

For me, this is a little like a guitar legend giving you playing tips. Lol! I really appreciate the help though brother.

Thanks
PoorMansDucati is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 08:16 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
mikstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,560
mikstr is on a distinguished road
thanks for the kind words and best of luck with your project
mikstr is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Scumbag
General Discussion
4
03-15-2007 03:25 PM
SuperHawkins
Technical Discussion
9
03-13-2007 09:30 PM
clogee
Technical Discussion
9
09-28-2006 09:37 AM
PHPERFORMANCE
Modifications - Performance
10
08-28-2006 06:16 PM
CNI Dawg
Technical Discussion
2
12-26-2005 06:56 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with factory pro jet kit


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.