Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

gas in vacum lines

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Back Marker

Shawn Torpey is on a distinguished road
gas in vacum lines

I just put my bike back together after jetting and ran it for about 3 min to bleed the air from the radiators so I could top them off. It sounded pretty sweet! For the hell of it I decieded to sync the carbs. When I pulled the caps off of my vaccum tees I noticed they had gas bubbles in them. I would imagine it just came from me flooding the carbs trying to start it since the lines aren't attached to the carbs directly. Is this something common or should I worry about it?
Old 05-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Very possible. To be sure go for a ride and check them after. Second cause could be damaged petcock.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:56 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
+1 on the petcock
Old 05-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Back Marker

Shawn Torpey is on a distinguished road
I've finally taken the bike out and put about 80 miles on it and it runs great. More power everywhere and runs so smooth but still gas in the vaccum caps. I have one tee with a cap on the line between the petcock and rear cyl. and one coupling and cap attached to a 2 foot piece of hose connected to a nipple in the front cyl. where that PIA bolt used to be for synchronizing the front cyl. and they both fill up, well not fill up but enough to bubble up when I squeeze the caps. If it was from the petcock wouldn't it just be in the rear cyl. hose? Like I said the bike runs great so I'm not to worried about it but does any one think this could damage any thing overtime? I mean there's not really to many vaccum operated accessories for it to affect, in fact with p.a.i.r. removed the petcock is the only thing that comes to mind.