Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Fox Twin Clicker

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
Fox Twin Clicker

Does anyone have a owners manual for a twin clicker??? If so, can I pay you to make me a copy of it and send it to me?

It would just be nice to have one, since I never got one with my shock.

Let me know, thanks.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
If I can remember to look for mine I'll email a copy of it to you. I'm at work right now so it's not readily available.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
Re: Fox Twin Clicker

Greg if you could email me with the manual that would be greatly appreciated.

You can emai me direct at CDyer77@msn.com

You have a great site by the way. I have found it very useful in tuning my hawk.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough

I found my "manual". IIRC my shock didn't actually come with a manual. It came with a printed .pdf file that I also downloaded online. I also found it at this web address HERE.

Have you installed yours already?
Old 01-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
Thanks alot Greg! I have installed it already, and wanted to tune it and adjust the ride height. In reading the manual I found that you can adjust the ride height without having to remove the shock. Very nice as installing was a pain in the ***.

Also, does it matter what side the remote goes on (left or right)? I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

Thanks Again
Old 01-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Administrator
World Champion

I don't think it matters on the side, but I mounted mine on the right. The hose might not be long enough for the left side.

As for the ride height, you would think that you could adjust ride height without removing the shock, but it isn't so. Unless Fox changed their design, they only have on set of flats on the adjuster and there's not enough room to get a good swing on the wrench to continue 180 degrees. So you have to remove the lower linkage in order to get at it. I know, that sucks, eh.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:04 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
I had measured the lenght from center of rear axle to a marked spot on the sub-frame with the stock shock (21.5") Then when I put on the Fox shock I measured again (21"). That is with the ride height adjuster all the way down. The manual says the shock can be raised by roughly .5". That would put me at the same height as the stock shock was. Is there any else I can do to get a little more height out of the rear?

I thought I say a shim someone had made (homemade) to raise up the rear a little. Anybody remember seeing this anywhere?

I'd like to get the rear higher by 5mm then I can drop the front by 5mm.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
Greg can probably best answer this question. Is the cut-out in the washer supposed to fit around the shaft of the shock?
Old 01-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Why yes, I can answer this! Thanks for the link to my site. I guess I ought to update my sig with my site address, eh?

The cutout goes around the upper mount "bolt", between the shock and the frame. If you've got the Fox, there's no reason to use the shim. Also, remember .5" rise at the shock will be more at the rear wheel.

A taller rear tire will work to get you more rear ride height. Some tires have a flatter profile than others. The Dunlop 208GP for example is a pretty tall rear, but you don't want to ride that on the street. Keep race tires on the race track.