Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

cutting the vibes questions.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:19 PM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
cutting the vibes questions.

So I have a fairly large budget for internals as I have two engines so I can wait for parts.
Would running lighter internals with a good balance all proper crank work done= less vibes?

Aka titanium alloy rods and some hypeuyetectic pistons static balanced and then crank knifed and rebalanced give me the upper rpm smoothness required to tap into higher revs?

The thing driving this question is different. I now ride in the 5k rpm range more and I now know about the vibrations. However I won't do a mod without some performance gain.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:27 PM
Back Marker

Stephan is on a distinguished road
Vibrations can be caused by carb setting too. And 5k is critical area for running rich. I would check it at first.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:46 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Are you running that rpm for cruising?

You can find or make heavier bar ends, change the gearing to change rpm where you cruise, etc.

In theory any lightning of the internals obviously reduces reciprocating mass, but less of it may cause the counterbalance to outweigh the components so its not a sure fire solution.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:55 AM
Superstock

Ever since I saw twist of the wrist I have been a lot more into corners. 5k is about where a safe corner speed is for now. Big mountain corners meebs a lot of time at any particular rpm. I should be in the range of just rich because I still have not gotten the pilots. I have the money for FcRs but I might get some internals.

I have not opened her up but I am pretty sure I read that this bike has a counter balance shaft ? No? So ldnt that have been engineered out? I know that most race engines with race cranks that had a counter shaft usually part with it.

Maybe I'll have to do it and see. Gonna email pauter tomorrow unless someone can suggest carillo or another over them.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:51 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
No balance shaft inside. As I understand it a 90* V has perfect primary balance.
From what I have read, the crank shaft is (big one) the limiting factor in how much HP can be made. Ask mikstr about that.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:38 PM
Superstock

Yeah I've shot emails about H.P. here and there. Maybe someday on a billet crank. To be honest Tue bike sits more than it moves. No liscence and a wet summer. I'm getting a discout at school... Yeah school... So I can get a Japanese liscence. I just think as an intermediate light internals and maybeeee a SK ght bore up or up in compression would be a fun thing to do with the spare. I can always re use the rods. But if it don't dampen the vibes I think I am going to focus on the carbon parts.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:32 PM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
in my experience with this engine the most important thing regarding vibration is to have the carbs sync'ed and the TPS set at 500 .

Chain tension is also a factor.