Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Cam chain tensioner

Old 05-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Squid

Lilbitz909
Exclamation Cam chain tensioner

I just got my bike back from the shop after my cam chain tensioner breaking and bending two exhaust valves. so few weeks later after i thought it was fixed... The guy at the shop started the bike and let it run for a few minutes and shut it off. i got home and started it and let it run for about thirty seconds and all of a sudden it started ticking. And started to get louder and faster so i shut it off. then i went to start it again and it wont even turn over it just make one real loud click... as if the battery was dead. but it is not that cuz i put charger on it. any ideas??
Old 05-11-2007, 02:47 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lilbitz909
I just got my bike back from the shop after my cam chain tensioner breaking and bending two exhaust valves. so few weeks later after i thought it was fixed... The guy at the shop started the bike and let it run for a few minutes and shut it off. i got home and started it and let it run for about thirty seconds and all of a sudden it started ticking. And started to get louder and faster so i shut it off. then i went to start it again and it wont even turn over it just make one real loud click... as if the battery was dead. but it is not that cuz i put charger on it. any ideas??
ideas yes,,,, Ideas that have a happy ending for your situation.. No

With the backgound you stated.... I would start with pulling the plugs and seeing if you can turn it over by hand, check the valve timing, and tension of the cam chain adjusters (you did not say manual units or OEM auto ones?)

With as much carnage as I've been part of in motorcycle building, riding ect ect.. I always think the worst when I read posts like yours....
Old 05-11-2007, 04:44 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
It doesn't sound good man. Looks like you gonna have major work done. Did the mechanic pull the heads out to see what kinda damage was done?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Back Marker

iamanonymous is on a distinguished road
motor seized up.