Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Brake pad upgrade and SS lines

Old 03-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Back Marker

Tebs is on a distinguished road
Brake pad upgrade and SS lines

I checked under search and cant seem to find anything ...need to replace pads and while I'm at it convert to stainless steel lines. I liked EBC when I upgraded my VFR but thought I'd check here to see what works best on the SH. Thanks in advance for your replys!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Squid

JakeT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tebs
I checked under search and cant seem to find anything ...need to replace pads and while I'm at it convert to stainless steel lines. I liked EBC when I upgraded my VFR but thought I'd check here to see what works best on the SH. Thanks in advance for your replys!

I installed EBC double H Sintered brake pads on my vtr and they are a major improvement from stock. Takes a little while to get the hang of it as they are much more grabby especially on the rear.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
I like Versha RJLs, but if not available for the application I use EBC HH pads in all others.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Back Marker

I appreciate it!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
I like Versha RJLs, but if not available for the application I use EBC HH pads in all others.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:10 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
RJLs are really amazing but not available for the hawk, BUT you can upgrade to F4i calipers for like $30 on ebay and then use RJLs (vesrah).

HHH are really meant for racing and dont give as much initial bite or feel on the street as they are designed for repeated abuse on a track. Usually putting race stuff on a street bike is counterproductive. (which is why they are designated "racing")
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Back Marker

I just purchased a set of EBC HH which are designed for street/ track day use. I also purchased a set of Galpher stainless steel brake lines as well.

I'm doing a ton of mods in the next few weeks so I'll have updated pics / descriptions posted soon. COME ON SPRING!!
Old 04-06-2013, 01:01 AM
THE LANE CARVER
Superstock

whatthefnck is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tebs
I just purchased a set of EBC HH which are designed for street/ track day use. I also purchased a set of Galpher stainless steel brake lines as well.

I'm doing a ton of mods in the next few weeks so I'll have updated pics / descriptions posted soon. COME ON SPRING!!
Where are the pics? And what upgrades besides those? Ya I'm a lil early, but I'm very interested.. Haa
Old 04-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Back Marker

Ask and you shall receive....

I went with Galfer lines (only ones I found on ebay at the time) and one was mislabeled so I inverted it and routing the lines made more sense after that. I HIGHLY recommend changing brake fluid and cleaning both master cylinders - the bottom of mine looked like some poured some wing dry rub in it!
Attached Thumbnails Brake pad upgrade and SS lines-dsc00814.jpg   Brake pad upgrade and SS lines-dsc00813.jpg   Brake pad upgrade and SS lines-dsc00811.jpg  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:07 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
How embarassing about the muckey fluid. Better to find out now.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Back Marker

Yeah it was nasty but I knew I was going to change when I did the lines. To be honest the fluid looked like the PO never changed it at all. I was able to use a plastic syringe to get rid of all the nasty sandy bits in the corners of the master cylinders.

Great brakes now and inching closer and closer to my track day at Mid OHio in May/June.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
NOt sure if they are offered for the VTR, but I just installed a set of Carbone Lorraine CL60 pads on my bike and so far, I am quite impressed. Lots of power with excellent modulation (and I was coming from Vesrah SRJLs, generally regarded to be one of, if not THE, top pad)....