SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Brake pad upgrade and SS lines (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/brake-pad-upgrade-ss-lines-29985/)

Tebs 03-14-2013 05:57 PM

Brake pad upgrade and SS lines

I checked under search and cant seem to find anything ...need to replace pads and while I'm at it convert to stainless steel lines. I liked EBC when I upgraded my VFR but thought I'd check here to see what works best on the SH. Thanks in advance for your replys!

JakeT 03-14-2013 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tebs (Post 350801)
I checked under search and cant seem to find anything ...need to replace pads and while I'm at it convert to stainless steel lines. I liked EBC when I upgraded my VFR but thought I'd check here to see what works best on the SH. Thanks in advance for your replys!

I installed EBC double H Sintered brake pads on my vtr and they are a major improvement from stock. Takes a little while to get the hang of it as they are much more grabby especially on the rear.

E.Marquez 03-14-2013 06:22 PM

I like Versha RJLs, but if not available for the application I use EBC HH pads in all others.

Tebs 03-14-2013 08:18 PM

I appreciate it!

8541Hawk 03-14-2013 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 350803)
I like Versha RJLs, but if not available for the application I use EBC HH pads in all others.

:iagree:

smokinjoe73 03-15-2013 07:10 AM

RJLs are really amazing but not available for the hawk, BUT you can upgrade to F4i calipers for like $30 on ebay and then use RJLs (vesrah).

HHH are really meant for racing and dont give as much initial bite or feel on the street as they are designed for repeated abuse on a track. Usually putting race stuff on a street bike is counterproductive. (which is why they are designated "racing")

Tebs 03-15-2013 08:57 AM

I just purchased a set of EBC HH which are designed for street/ track day use. I also purchased a set of Galpher stainless steel brake lines as well.

I'm doing a ton of mods in the next few weeks so I'll have updated pics / descriptions posted soon. COME ON SPRING!!

whatthefnck 04-06-2013 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tebs (Post 350830)
I just purchased a set of EBC HH which are designed for street/ track day use. I also purchased a set of Galpher stainless steel brake lines as well.

I'm doing a ton of mods in the next few weeks so I'll have updated pics / descriptions posted soon. COME ON SPRING!!

Where are the pics? And what upgrades besides those? Ya I'm a lil early, but I'm very interested.. Haa

Tebs 04-06-2013 06:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ask and you shall receive....

I went with Galfer lines (only ones I found on ebay at the time) and one was mislabeled so I inverted it and routing the lines made more sense after that. I HIGHLY recommend changing brake fluid and cleaning both master cylinders - the bottom of mine looked like some poured some wing dry rub in it!

smokinjoe73 04-06-2013 07:07 AM

How embarassing about the muckey fluid. Better to find out now.

Tebs 04-06-2013 07:22 AM

Yeah it was nasty but I knew I was going to change when I did the lines. To be honest the fluid looked like the PO never changed it at all. I was able to use a plastic syringe to get rid of all the nasty sandy bits in the corners of the master cylinders.

Great brakes now and inching closer and closer to my track day at Mid OHio in May/June.

mikstr 04-06-2013 07:51 AM

NOt sure if they are offered for the VTR, but I just installed a set of Carbone Lorraine CL60 pads on my bike and so far, I am quite impressed. Lots of power with excellent modulation (and I was coming from Vesrah SRJLs, generally regarded to be one of, if not THE, top pad)....