Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Are all VTR gas tank identical??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 11:55 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
I don't think so Wicky. The graphics are certainly different but that probably doesn't mean anything. On my tank the wings graphic is much bigger. I'll post a pic later Im working right now.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:11 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Ignore the graphics as they've been added - The VFR's tank is the only tank (that I know of) that has been modded to fit onto the Storm (VTR).
Old 01-21-2012, 04:32 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Oops

Originally Posted by Wicky
Ignore the graphics as they've been added - The VFR's tank is the only tank (that I know of) that has been modded to fit onto the Storm (VTR).
Wicky there may be some misunderstanding the tank is not on the bike, it's a spare that came with the bike. But it is visually (at least to me) different as I described to Tweety
Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
i was able to get mine to work by just bending the fuel sender a minimal amount away from the vent tube it seems to be reading accurately but only time will tell... im waiting on the body from the painter got the gas tank yesterday should have the rest in a week or so...
Old 05-07-2012, 11:01 AM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
So our tanks are 4.2 gallons? I guess I've never really pushed it past the point that the light comes on but it seems I usually put 3.2-3.4 gallons in it once it hits that point How big is the reserve after the light comes on? Is there really nearly a full gallon left after the light comes on? I thought I read somewhere that the tank was only a 3.4 gallon tank.

What is the astronomical price that you've seen on the 5 gallon tanks? And how would one in the US go about ordering one? Do any of you guys from the countries they were delivered to have a part number? I HATE that when my friend with a blackbird and I go ride it seems I fill up twice to his once. Between the VTR being a gas hog by comparasin and having a smallish tank the range really sucks!