Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

I want to thank everyone for all the help, bike runs awesome w/ all the mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Squid

niteridder64 is on a distinguished road
I want to thank everyone for all the help, bike runs awesome w/ all the mods

Sorry but there are just too many people to thank Individually. I tore into my 03 Hawk Monday with the assistance of Saige,valuable member of this forum, this is what we did. Replaced the cct's, did it right took both head covers off and tyraped the chain for no mistakes. Removed all the pair syst junk. Installed new temp sw so the fan comes on at 197. Mod the carbs- 48 pilots, shimmed needles, plugged 1 hole in fwd slide, adj mixture screws, set TPS to 518 ohms(idle adj backed off) and synced when warmed up. Ortherwise stock except for D&D pips. Did not see much, if any, top end gain but expected that but idle and mid are spot on. It runs just as good the second I start it as when it is warmed up, nice and crisp at the low end, has not stalled or coughed sitting in traffic. I also saw something I did not expect. The water temp takes longer to climb up to 197 while I am sitting in traffic. I believe this is due to the richer mixture from the 48's. Oh and she sounds great on decell. w/out all that popping. I am looking forward to starting on a cold winter day, hopefully no more playing w/ the choke for 5 minutes. I would not have even attempted any of this work if it was not for all the support I have gotten here and will be more than willing to pass off any knowledge to any one that asks.