Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

'98 VTR Hose Connection Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Bike Aficionado
Squid

wigglers is on a distinguished road
'98 VTR Hose Connection Help!

So I recently replaced the CCTs on my bike and now the bike is running wrong. It will fire up but runs inconsistently and then will stall out in idle. I am assuming I do not have the hoses connected properly. I was EXTREMELY careful in the installation process and am pretty positive I did nothing to screw up the cams or the cam chain. SO I am wondering if someone could shed some light on this issue for me. See pictures below. Notice the two nozzles circled in the picture below? Are these supposed to have hoses connected to them or are they used for ventilation like the petcock under the tank? I have several hoses under there that seem to be running nowhere and don't have alot of slack in them. 2. I am assuming the hoses that have the metal stoppers in them are not supposed to connect anywhere. 3. I have a hose that runs from the upper left of the bike (if you are sitting on it) and can run all the way to the rear right side of the bike. Very long hose and I am not sure where it connect to at all.
Thanks for the help

screenshot

img

Last edited by wigglers; 09-02-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Bike Aficionado
Squid

wigglers is on a distinguished road
Forgot to add. It also has was hitting a flat spot in the throttle as i gave it a little gas in neutral. It would also randomly stall out. I think I might have the front CCT a little too tight (damn my vice-grip monkey-esque hands) so i will back it off a little bit.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:12 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Pics of the bottom of the tank would help a lot. Those two nipples on the bottom of the carb bowls are just drain holes. (if you were to screw the flat head out a bit all of your fuel would drain out). No hoses attach to them.

There's a good chance that long hose is your petcock vacuum line. It opens the petcock and gets fuel to your carbs. Your carbs aren't getting fuel and you stall out . It attaches to the back of the petcock on the little nipple that points sideways.

It could be a drain hose if those are still on your tank, but it's hard to tell with the pics you have right now.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:13 PM
MotoGP

Don't mess with the CCT's quite yet...
Old 09-02-2013, 12:19 PM
MotoGP

Here, for your reference:
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...es-pics-22048/