Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Volar Motorsport Type 3 Motorcycle Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
Volar Motorsport Type 3 Motorcycle Gloves

Anyone have any experience with these. Based on the materials they are made of they seem like a steal for this price (plus 15% off). I just don't know much about the brand and can't find a lot of info online.

http://www.d2moto.com/p-8204-volar-m...oves-gray.aspx
Old 11-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
I will take that as a no
Old 11-11-2010, 10:52 AM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
After ordering some nice, expensive A* track gloves that I couldn't wear for more than ten minutes, I'll never order gloves again. I've found that I have to try gloves on before I buy them, even the same model can have variations in stitching that make some unwearable. Man up and support your local gear vendors and find a pair that fit perfect. A great pair of gloves is priceless IMO.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Back Marker

NAVY8TR is on a distinguished road
plus 9 times out of 10 you get what you pay for
Old 01-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Banned
Back Marker

SuperBlink is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NooB
After ordering some nice, expensive A* track gloves that I couldn't wear for more than ten minutes, I'll never order gloves again. I've found that I have to try gloves on before I buy them, even the same model can have variations in stitching that make some unwearable. Man up and support your local gear vendors and find a pair that fit perfect. A great pair of gloves is priceless IMO.

Yeah, that. i always end up with having issues with my pinky finger in the glove being too short. Then I recently found the A*'s Gp Pro with the webbed ring/pink and middle/pointer finger and they fit so well I'm inclined to say that gloves shouldn't fit THIS well.

That said, the link you provided looks like a paid of gloves I wouldn't want to crash in. Neoprene can't be too abrasion resistant. In my high-side even my old pair of sp2 a stars got a hole worn through and I wasn't doing better than 50 mph at the time...
Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
ive tried on expensive gloves and found some fit like crap. 300 dollar gloves that didnt fit my hands well. my teknic gloves fit the best ive found so far but even their pinky finger is longer than mine so it makes it a bit of a pain to wear at times. the others ive tried dont fit me right
Old 01-06-2011, 08:22 PM
medium fast guy
Back Marker

trackdayhawk is on a distinguished road
It looks like they willl make a great pair of gardening gloves. The right pair of gloves is important, not only for comfort, and durability but also for feel. I've got a few pair of various brands, but always grab my full gauntlet Helds.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 PM
SuperSport

98VTRrider is on a distinguished road
I agree with NooB and SuperBlink. My last pair of gloves I ordered were Alplinestar sledge, and I had to send them back twice for bigger sizes, the sizing chart was useless...and the third pair I got the right index finger was sewn twisted and the stitches rub my knuckle...The "Good Deal" I thought I was getting got me crappy gloves with $18 shipping back and forth for the right size...
Old 01-06-2011, 09:41 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Alpinestars are famous for not fitting right. I have had alot of fieldsheers that fit and worked good for a zillion miles. Had some teknics that were pretty good too.

Those gloves look like a huge liability. I dont think they would make good gardening gloves either. Get some good leather gloves with a full gauntlet wrist protector. You will really miss your hands when they are gone. These are probably too small but are WAY better gloves http://cgi.ebay.com/Fieldsheer-Mens-...item255bfd90d2