General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

PLEASE READ, Important info about TMB motorsport CCT's and fork braces

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:03 PM
SuperBike

Truckinduc is on a distinguished road
PLEASE READ, Important info about TMB motorsport CCT's and fork braces

Hello Everyone.

As you may or may not know ive got a bum leg. I can usually get around pretty good and get stuff done.

Well as of late its been really acting up from a stumble I have had. This means im extremely Immobile.

I am getting numerous emails asking If im still making products, well at the time being the answer is no. Currently im occupied getting the last few sets of CCT's shipped out. These are sets that have been paid for.

Ill have 10 fork braces ready very soon now. 4 of those are spoken for and have been paid for.

Once they are finished and shipping out ill figure out who was interested and who else would like the remaining ones.

Once I become more mobile again, however that becomes, Ill start the process back up.

Thanks to everyone on the Superhawk forum for being so understanding and supportive of me, it really makes me feel good.

Ive got a 7:30 appointment tomorrow at the Human Resources Center where I will find out If I get TennCare or not. If I do I get to have knee surgery, WOOOOO.

Thanks again everyone, and if your waiting to order my CCT's, I really appreciate it but it would probably be quicker to order some APE's.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Back Marker

jaypo is on a distinguished road
Get well man! I've had surgery on both mine. Take it easy and follow PT. You're too talented to be laid up with a bum knee.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:16 PM
SuperBike

k-d-williams is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Truckinduc
Currently im occupied getting the last few sets of CCT's shipped out. These are sets that have been paid for.

Are my cct's part of these sets being shipped out?
Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 PM
SuperBike

why yes they are KD, thanks for being so patient
Old 06-24-2009, 07:35 PM
SuperBike

k-d-williams is on a distinguished road
why yes they are KD, thanks for being so patient
Great
Old 06-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
I hope you get the insurance/$ for the knee surgery, it would money much better spent on you than on some welfare ***** who'll squander it and never positively impact the world.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Dibs on a fork brace, satin black. Let me know when they're ready.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Selling the Hawk!
Squid

BREWTOWNSH is on a distinguished road
Hoping and praying that my set of CCTs is on the way...

...and on 7/6/09 they did arrive!

Last edited by BREWTOWNSH; 07-07-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:44 PM
SuperSport

mboe794 is on a distinguished road
Are one of those four fork braces mine? I sent payment on April 30th.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:16 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
Truck...just checking, do you have a fork brace for me?...payment via Paypal on 5/2/09...

Last edited by oahu hawk; 06-29-2009 at 08:15 AM. Reason: corrected date
Old 06-29-2009, 02:33 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
I can see that truck has pretty much lost interest here.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:33 AM
SuperBike

yes guys you have the braces.

Lost interest? no not really. Ill be back at it, but at the moment its not that feasible.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:42 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Truck, I'd still like to get one of your fork braces, but I would like to have it by the time my track day rolls around. (sept 5th) let me know if you think you will get to it by then realistically. if so, then sign me up for a satin black one. let me know when its ready and payment will be sent. if you don't think you'll have one by then, tell me now, so I can make other arrangements. not trying to rush you, just trying to plan my season. thanks.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:43 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

yes guys you have the braces.

Lost interest? no not really. Ill be back at it, but at the moment its not that feasible.
Tks Truck...how's progress on getting the knee fixed?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:17 PM
SuperBike

I was denied tenncare again. 3rd shot should be a charm. Ive got a case worker now and i have to get some more proof of some stuff and i SHOULD get it, but its not a given.

I got 2 more sets of cct's turned and coated today. KD williams and BREWTOWNSH, sets are DONE. plus the 2 I did today that still need welding.

Thanks for hanging in there with me guys. On a positive note im more mobile than i have been. Im even riding the scooter into town tomorrow to try and make a little money. I got back on the scooter 2 days ago and fell about 3 seconds into it. rashed up my right arm and shoulder a little.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Squided
Back Marker

john3012 is on a distinguished road
Why doesn't truck edit his CCT thread title to say, ummm maybe "Out Of Stock"? I think that might be wise in order to avoid the "WTF, why doesn't he reply to my emails?" I guess it might say in the five page thread that he quit making them, but who in their right mind is going to read 5 pages of "Count me in for two Bro!".
Old 07-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Any progress on the fork braces Truck? Just hoping I might get mine before the summer is up.

Hope your leg is feeling better and you got the Tenncare.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:09 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Moto Man
Any progress on the fork braces Truck? Just hoping I might get mine before the summer is up.

Hope your leg is feeling better and you got the Tenncare.
ditto...
Old 07-23-2009, 07:02 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I did hear from him a couple weeks ago and it sounds like he has a new shop to cut the remaining orders but he will be upside down on the costs. I think he is reluctant to come back to us - those who have ordered and paid because of his medical situation and the fact that some big buddies stepped up for him here.

Like any hot rod it's all good until it breaks. Trucker got hit both ways with he knee and his suppliers. It's a fact of the economy.

I was back in a little industrial area of Austin the other day. This was a hotbed of small warehouses, machine shops, repair shops for heavy trucks, electrical supply houses, etc. The place is boarded up. For Sale signs everywhere. Restaurants with all the doors and windows tore out to keep the homeless out.

This will all work it's way out but I think we have set the bar. Friends hang with friends. It may be the first time in his life it means more than the guys down the road. We will not be forgotten.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:50 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

Originally Posted by nuhawk
I did hear from him a couple weeks ago and it sounds like he has a new shop to cut the remaining orders but he will be upside down on the costs. I think he is reluctant to come back to us - those who have ordered and paid because of his medical situation and the fact that some big buddies stepped up for him here.

Like any hot rod it's all good until it breaks. Trucker got hit both ways with he knee and his suppliers. It's a fact of the economy.

I was back in a little industrial area of Austin the other day. This was a hotbed of small warehouses, machine shops, repair shops for heavy trucks, electrical supply houses, etc. The place is boarded up. For Sale signs everywhere. Restaurants with all the doors and windows tore out to keep the homeless out.

This will all work it's way out but I think we have set the bar. Friends hang with friends. It may be the first time in his life it means more than the guys down the road. We will not be forgotten.
I kind of figured as much...that he's had some bad luck and is behind the eight ball on this.

My Superhawk is sold, so if the fork brace shows up I'll just pass it on to the new owner...if not, I'll not lose any sleep over it.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
So what's the new incarnation? Agusta Brutale? Or would it be a P51 so you could join us for a ride in SD?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

Originally Posted by nuhawk
So what's the new incarnation? Agusta Brutale? Or would it be a P51 so you could join us for a ride in SD?
Actually I bought a 2010 Ducati Streetfighter and am regretting it somewhat...it surges at low rpms and is as frustrating to ride around town as it is a joy to ride on the open road...Ducati has provided an ECU remap, but it has not done the job......it runs kinda like a Superhawk needing a rejet and carb balance...

Last edited by oahu hawk; 07-23-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:42 PM
SuperBike

hey guys. Ive got news. Turns out the end mill I got was not a cc. Center cut that is. That means it wont plunge. Oh well. Ive got a new supplier im going to try tomorrow. If they have something that will work im going to get it and have them machined as soon as possible.

I did go to the machinist shop and try to get it done, but just as my luck, the end mill was wrong.

Again I apologize. I swear im trying to get this done as soon as possible.

I wanna see these braces go out and make some people happy
Old 08-08-2009, 10:46 AM
SuperSport

Any new news on the fork braces. Truck? Anyone?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
SuperSport

This is starting to get a little old. I think it's been about three months since payment. Maybe more. A month since he has made any effort to inform any customers on the status of their orders. I've always remained hopeful that Truck would pull through in the end. I'm not so sure anymore. He has lost any future business from me and I must also advise the same to all.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
I think that there is a good lesson here. Sometimes in life we bite off more than we can chew. Alot of the time it is a situational conundrum that occurs due to many reasons, but promises get broken. But there are two sides to this deal, there always has been, and always will be.

Side 1:
the person who is trying to help out others, with little benefit in thanks or finances for their effort or time. They are always trying to provide something to others, and are heavily relied on and ridiculed and harrassed when they don't.
i.e. I provided 4 hours of fork work to my roommate. I also did major work to his car before he sold it so that it didn't make a trip to the junk yard. Payed: 00000000000.00

Side 2:
This person is the taker. They have very little appreciation for what others do. If they pay $5-500, it doesn't matter. The person giving them the deal is just as much an a-hole if he is late as the one that over charges. They reap the benefits of what others can do for them, with little to no reciprocity.

i.e. My roommate that was pissed that he had to do some dishes of mine. He only pays 325 for rent, and contributes nothing else as far as cleaning or supplies for the house.

Maybe I am cynical about this, but I am sure that Truck will do everything in his power to follow through. He should communicate better, but it is what it is. One thing is for sure, he probably will never do anything like this ever again, despite the future potential for success as he would plan better next time. I know that I wouldn't, and I am not in the case of my stupid *** roommate.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

OK now that Summer is officially over I thought I would check and see how the Forkbrace work was comming Truck? Last update was on 7/23.

Last edited by Moto Man; 09-22-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:00 PM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
he hangs out on some street fighter site
he has been quite active there
sorry dont remember site addy
Old 09-22-2009, 05:09 PM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
customfighters.com he posted on the 19th
Old 09-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Yeah I just posted on custom fighters hoping to get him back over here to give us some info.