Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Rode w/Z1R today...and lived !

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Squid

VTR69
Rode w/Z1R today...and lived !

Got a Z1R today and took it for a spin. Little more noise than my Arai, not much. Probably because the chin bar is out farther..lot more room in front of my chin and nose, although it fits comfortably snug everywhere. More air moves around inside so this probably will be a good hot weather lid. The peripheral vision is not as good as my Arai. I need to turn my neck more for the same amount of shoulder check view as compared to old brand "A". Also, the brow of the helmet comes down farther so when tucked in looking ahead the view is cut off some unless I twist my head up more. The view straight up riding is fine and and at 100 mph the helmet is stable with no tendency to lift or bobble. The brow venting switch is hard to use with gloves and I couldn't tell if it was on or off but it really wasn't a warm enough day test that one. To tell the truth, I'm not sure if I could fell that much difference in the Arai either w/brow vents on/vents/off. The visor changes sensibly with sloted screw using a coin or whatever as opposed to the Arai ouji board/cussing/no tool method. The Z is long oval too which is my shape. Not a bad lid for the price but an Arai Profile will become my main brain frame ultimately. My 2 cents.