General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

To all the bastards who rode today....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
To all the bastards who rode today....

... Bite me!

See pic below....
Attached Thumbnails To all the bastards who rode today....-snowy-day.jpg  
Old 02-26-2008, 02:44 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Time to get a snowmobile Greg, trust me, winter does have its good side
Old 02-26-2008, 02:50 PM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
not riding today... but this last weekend we had our portland international raceway grand re-opening. aka it was slightly reconfigured & repaved.

saturday we had an open track day - slow rolls really but we got to lag back and make some runs on the new corners...

fun, fun.
tim
Old 02-26-2008, 02:52 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
Time to get a snowmobile Greg, trust me, winter does have its good side
That's what I'm thinking. It looks like NY is as bad as Wisconsin. We're at 90 inches of snow so far this year and theres still a while to go. Some guys on snowmobiles passed me decked out in suits and helmets very similar to sport riders. It's looking pretty appealing right now. Yeah, suprise not everyone here has a sled, yet...
Old 02-26-2008, 02:54 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Ha! I just pulled in from an afternoon ride. It's 78 degrees on my front porch right now.

I miss the snow sometimes, but a good ride on a warm sunny day makes that feeling go away.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:00 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by RK1
Ha! I just pulled in from an afternoon ride. It's 78 degrees on my front porch right now.

I miss the snow sometimes, but a good ride on a warm sunny day makes that feeling go away.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure snow stopped being fun when I was 12. Now it's just getting depressing. People here are actually on edge after all of this, and we're suppose to be used to it. Oh yeah, there's now a salt shortage. Isn't salt the most plentiful compound on earth? Oh wait that would be water, or maybe snow at this point.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:06 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Kendrick
Yeah, I'm pretty sure snow stopped being fun when I was 12. Now it's just getting depressing. People here are actually on edge after all of this, and we're suppose to be used to it. Oh yeah, there's now a salt shortage. Isn't salt the most plentiful compound on earth? Oh wait that would be water, or maybe snow at this point.

Lived in Minneapolis for 4 years so I feel your pain. Not much riding to be done when it's 28 or 30 below zero. I still love winter and snow. I just wish God would give me the thermostat and the snow button so I could have it when I want and lose it when I don't.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I think I'll give Hammer a call. He's local and promised me a ride last fall. I may take him up on it if it's essential personnel only at work tomorrow.

As for buying a sled, I'm leaning away from it because of the expense. You have to register/license them, insure them, and also pay an annual club fee to ride on the trails around here. Even though it's a 6 month season, conditions are not always met for sledding. That's why I continue to keep the 3 (now 4 if I get the cafe completed) bikes for the summer. I can ride in the summer whenever I want. I don't have to wait for conditions to be right.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Back Marker

smack doogle is on a distinguished road
I got to ride yesterday, my brand spankin new to me SH. Only a 20 mile ride but it was a nice introduction to each other. Now, I'm shopping for chain and sprockets. My wife hates me.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:22 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by RK1
Lived in Minneapolis for 4 years so I feel your pain. Not much riding to be done when it's 28 or 30 below zero. I still love winter and snow. I just wish God would give me the thermostat and the snow button so I could have it when I want and lose it when I don't.
I've lived in Wisconsin for 32 years...it might be time for a change.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:34 PM
MotoGP

I've lived in Canada for 41, and still going strong. For those who have never ridden a sled, it is as good (dare I say maybe even better) than riding bikes, especially with teh new machinery that is out there now. Actually, due to my freelancing work, I will be off to Colorado next week to test ride the 2009's... woohoo!!!! Ski-Doo has just launched a new Direct Injection two-stroke, who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?

Although sledding is not cheap, it sure takes the sting out of winter
Old 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM
RK1
MotoGP

I joke about the weather 'cause it's about the only good thing left about living in So. Cal. I'm not staying here. It's too crowded, too expensive and my Spanish sucks.

When I lived in cold places I skated, sledded, cross country skied and hunted in the snow.

If you live someplace where you get to do these things along with your fellow English speaking Americans, and can ride your bike 7 or 8 months a year, thank your lucky stars.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:54 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by mikstr
I've lived in Canada for 41, and still going strong. For those who have never ridden a sled, it is as good (dare I say maybe even better) than riding bikes, especially with teh new machinery that is out there now. Actually, due to my freelancing work, I will be off to Colorado next week to test ride the 2009's... woohoo!!!! Ski-Doo has just launched a new Direct Injection two-stroke, who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?

Although sledding is not cheap, it sure takes the sting out of winter
I can't cost me any more than the bike does, and hey it might help the sanity too. Those this are fast, as long as you don't get drunk and drop it into a lake or hit another guy head on as people around here seem to be doing with alarming frequency lately.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Randy Salerno

Everybody heard about Randy Salerno, the Chicago broadcaster who got killed on a snowmobile on his maiden voyage. Drinking & night do now mix on anything, let alone in the winter on a trail.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/randy.s....2.637658.html

Nowhere to ride a snowmobile in or anywhere near Skokie.

I stay in shape riding my bicycle and shoveling up here in the great white north. I pride myself on keeping the cleanest driveway in Skokie. Unfortunately they do not give awards for that but my wife appreciates it.

Below are some pics of our snowfall today!

If you look closely at "My Driveway 2", you'll see the Bret Cave on the right end of the garage. I have the fab shop in the basement.
Attached Thumbnails To all the bastards who rode today....-street-aftr-plowed-1.jpg   To all the bastards who rode today....-typ-driveway.jpg   To all the bastards who rode today....-my-driveway.jpg   To all the bastards who rode today....-my-driveway-2.jpg   To all the bastards who rode today....-inside-bc.jpg  

Old 02-26-2008, 04:30 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Us folks that get snow just need to be a little more creative with our bikes... like this guy did
Old 02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by skokievtr
Everybody heard about Randy Salerno, the Chicago broadcaster who got killed on a snowmobile on his maiden voyage. Drinking & night do now mix on anything, let alone in the winter on a trail.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/randy.s....2.637658.html

Nowhere to ride a snowmobile in or anywhere near Skokie.

I stay in shape riding my bicycle and shoveling up here in the great white north. I pride myself on keeping the cleanest driveway in Skokie. Unfortunately they do not give awards for that but my wife appreciates it.

Below are some pics of our snowfall today!

If you look closely at "My Driveway 2", you'll see the Bret Cave on the right end of the garage. I have the fab shop in the basement.
Yeah that was big news here but we've had alot of those stories this winter. It's almost as bad as the drunk Harley guys at this point. Oh just wait for their rally this year. I'm probably getting disowned by the Milwaukee crowd over this, but oh wait they would never read this.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
+1 on the snowmobile thing, or get an ATV - good in any conditions
Old 02-26-2008, 05:08 PM
MotoGP

ghopki1 is on a distinguished road
Been riding all week..............

All last week...........

And the week before..........
Old 02-26-2008, 05:32 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
OK, so I felt sorry for ya' and didn't ride at all today under clear blue skies. Feel better?

However, I could resist any longer and rode tonight after it had drop to 64f with a cool north wind; had to skip the mesh!

Last edited by superbling; 02-26-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:20 PM
RK1
MotoGP

They're forcasting 75 degrees here for tomorrow afternoon. I think I'll take the day off and do my favorite 200 mile loop through the local mountains. By the time I get up to 6000 ft. (mid-morning) it will probably be down to 52 or 54 degrees up there. Brrrrr! While you guys are huddled around your heaters, all warm and toastie, staring out the window at the snow drifts, I'm gonna have to pull over and put my sweater vest on under my jacket!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:28 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
I had to remove my jacket liner and open all the vents in my jacket. Still started to sweat a little at the stop lights. Hey Greg, I'll send you some dentures in the mail 'cause I can't bite you through the internet.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Greg send me a 12 pack of Utica Club so I can enjoy one while I'm riding this weekend
Old 02-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Yeah, it was another rough day in the Bay Area also........
To all the bastards who rode today....-alpine.jpg

To all the bastards who rode today....-kennedypano.jpg

To all the bastards who rode today....-stagepano.jpg
Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Still somewhat chilly in the Arizona mountains. 60 was the high today, 32 when I left for work... on the VTR!!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:50 PM
MotoGP

In terms of the drunken snowmobilers, there are idiots in this world who seem to work overly hard at ruining everything they touch and snowmobiling is no different. Personally, so long as the pisstank doesn't take someone else out I say "good riddance" (same applies to drunken Harley guys).
Old 02-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

I'm with Mr N., screw all you that can ride year-round
Old 02-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
You guys just need to get one of these.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfpQmuPO7c0
Old 02-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Nice conversion idea, but could they find a little gayer music for it, srsly?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:04 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Those look like a blast. I'd love to see someone succeed in doing a stoppie though
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Syclone
Nice conversion idea, but could they find a little gayer music for it, srsly?

How 'bout Rick Astley?

Quick Reply: To all the bastards who rode today....